Chapter 12: All For Demon Lords

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

Backstory times!

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: AgentT123 & RandomNon3859

________________________________________________________________________________

Stehndal's pov:

"Stain huh? The hero killer? Tell me why you'd offer to join a criminal organization. Doesn't that break your principles?" The large masked man in front of me coughed as he continued reading through the papers I'd handed him.

"I've simply heard the rumors. Underworld has it your associates are going to be producing quirk erasing bullets. They would be very useful to my ends."

"Suppose that's good a reason as any to meet the boss."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Toshinori's pov:

Tsukauchi sat in the chair across from my former sidekick, with a deep frown on his face. "He isn't lying. He truly remembers none of the events of the break-in."

I stared at my sidekick, taking a frown of my own. "You really can't remember the events of the evening, Mirai?"

"I cannot, I am deeply sorry sir. I will lead an investigation into Stehndal's location as soon as I can. The other first responders were unable to remember events as well." Mirai looked to the floor, and his fists shook violently.

"No, you current investigation is important already. You should not be distracted from it, I will run this investigation." 

________________________________________________________________________________

"S-sir! I implore you let me.. This is not your area of expertise, and while I kno-"

"I can take the load off you." I assured him, while holding my weakened arm to my chest,

Mirai sighed, and looked away before standing up. "There is one thing that was found on the scene, I believe your friend has it in his evidence folder."

Tsukauchi coughed, and turned to dig through his bag. Soon he presented a small plastic bag.

It contained a single pink-ish scale.

"Tests show it is a dragon scale, however the mana density is far lower than it should be. Perhaps it is old?" He inspected the scale himself, turning the bag over several times. "Its shape and size is different from any on record."

I shudder, 'It couldn't be..' I moved my desk clear. "What else is known about the scale?"

"It was found on the ground near the scene of a suspected scuffle between Stehndal and a hero responder." Tsukauchi then coughed, "The route of the scale seems to have been attached to human skin. However, no dragon quirk users are known to live in the area."

"None?"

"Stehndal himself likely does not have a dragon related quirk, based on the descriptions of those we've been able to gather from previous encounters."

I sighed, and ran my hand across my face. "What of people in the surrounding tokyo?"

Tsukauchi rolled his eyes, "We are aware of a UA transfer student with a draconic quirk, however we were allowed a warrant to use a blood sample that was taken in her immagration physical. It is negative for any blood relation to the scale, the mana is similar, however that is likely due to the similar nature of the two quirks."

"I see." I held my head higher, feeling a weight lift. I moved a notepad in front of myself, "Are there any possible motives I should be aware of?"

Tsukauchi perked up, "Hm. Yes, I think it is obvious in this case. The man didn't harm a soul more than seemingly necessary, and nothing was stolen. Coupled with the lost memories of the events, it would all lead to the conclusion he was after information, likely on one of Mirai's investigations."

"What is the breadth of your investigations?" I turned back to my former pupil.

"Everything I am currently investigating is limited to the Tokyo inner city, so it is likely to assume the vigilante is still there." Mirai rubbed his temple.