Chapter 2: Happenings

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: AgentT123 

________________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru pov: 

So there I stood, in front of King Gazel again. Gripping a sword and ready to defend myself. 

How'd I get here? Eh, it is a pretty long story.

________________________________________________________________________________

First, I'll explain the parts I emphasized, Shizue Izawa, The Conqueror of Flames. She came to my village alongside a few adventurers, and she seemed maybe a bit troubled, but still a strong woman. 

I had a chance to bond with her, before she died. Taken over by a demon thing, I only found out later that was a spirit. She asked me to absorb her body, she didn't wanna have her all taken from the warped version of the world she knew. So instead she asked me to lay her to rest within myself. 

I have still yet to recover from that, but I didn't really get a chance to think about it. 

________________________________________________________________________________

All that is because, I have responsibilities. A town to lead, soon a large portion of the wilds. 

"Rimuru, is it? It was not long ago you were in that tussle with that Endeavor, was it? I've heard since then you've made quite the name for yourself, defeating the Orc Lord." The towering dwarf stood in front of me, he did hold his men back when I approached though. I suppose he wasn't entirely hostile.

I returned the favor as best as possible by holding my own subordinates back as well. "What are you doing here? No forewarning was given, and I am the patron of these lands now. I would like some warning before you simply bring an army here." An army it really was, all those Pegasus knights as Kaijin called them. At first that may seem out of place, but from what I had seen at the amount of magicules each one had they'd be able to easily defeat an army back on my old earth. 

'I wonder if guns even work? I think I could probably dodge a bullet... If it would even damage me in the first place..' 

I shook off my thoughts and stared Gazel down as confidently as I could, truth be told I was sorta scared. I really didn't know if I could beat him. He was on a completely different level from the Orc Lord. 

"Ho? To lay claim to these wilds? Are you sure such a thing is wise? You are surely strong, but to know your nature is what I wish. I believe such a thing can only be surmised in combat." Gazel carefully unsheathed his sword and held itself in front of him in a stance was ringed a bell in my mind. 

"I will observe this match, and announce the winner. Lord Rimuru must be unharmed if it is to be considered useful." Treyni appeared nearby with a super serious look on her face, I was glad she was hear to cover for me. 

'I STILL HAVE TO FIGHT HIM THOUGH?!' 

"I see, if the dryads recognize you as their ruler, I truly was too rash to call you out on it-" 

"We don't need to fight then, right?!" 

"That is a different matter, Rimuru. I must still judge your nature, prepare yourself. If you can defend yourself from each of my attacks, you win this match." He raised his sword into his stance completely. 

'That is Hakurou's technique, I know that.. I think I can defend against it if I keep that in mind...' 

Treyni's voice rang out, grating my nerves. "Begin!" 

I held out my sword immediately, and charged at Gazel, attempting to attack him from the side while he was standing still, slashing diagonally along his torso. 

He had a response ready though, quickly deflecting my blade and tossing me back at least five meters. "It is bold to take the first attack. Is this all you have though?" 

"I am just getting warmed up!" I more magicules into my limbs, to increase my speed and strength before going on the offensive again. It only took moments to slash, thrust, and jab. The flashes of steel being all I could see. 

'I really am glad I can keep up with this with Magic Sense..' 

As I already knew, Gazel came out of this unscathed, perfectly defending himself with his swordsmanship. He really was a master, and his next words were those I was hoping not to hear. "You were right, that certainly was a much better display, familiar even. I believe it is my time to attack myself." 

It was barely possible to keep track of it, even with Magic Sense and Great Sage telling me every stroke. Thought Acceleration went on, to maximum. The world slowed one hundred times, and I could have time to think. 

Gazel stepped back before speaking again. "I believe this will be my last attack, one of a true warrior." As he said that he completely disappeared with a flash at his feet, that meant.. 

'Below!' I dodged back and held my sword at my stomach to defense myself, almost getting lifted by his slash, before he and his sword again disappeared. 

'This is definitely one of Hakurou's techniques.. So the next attack will come from, ABOVE!' 

I only barely managed to stop the blade from touching my head, it even split one of my hairs off, I had to brace myself with all my strength. 

"That is enough, Lord Rimuru is the winner. Please restrain yourself, King Gazel." Treyni had sustained her serious expression this entire time. 

"Haha! Of course, I got what I wanted." He pulled away quickly and sheathed his sword. "Rimuru-yo here has the potential to be a real leader, he already is a warrior clearly." 

"T-thank you I guess?" 

"Don't be so bashful, regardless, let us go discuss this more. I heard you have quite a few luxuries here and I'd like to see them." After that King Gazel drank all my beer. 

________________________________________________________________________________

That was only the start though, apparently. A few days after King Gazel left, I got a terrible apprehension right before. 

<Large mass of magicules detected approaching this city rapidly, converging on your location.>

________________________________________________________________________________

-1008 words-

AN: Ending things here cause I am very tired.