Chapter 31: Protestors

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

Protestoring

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: Us both equally

________________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru's POV:

I moved over to the set of crystals on my desk, and searched for the one to Dwargon. This process was kinda clunky and I didn't like it, but other people needed these sometimes, so I couldn't just put them all in my Stomach and use them as I wanted.

Though I didn't think too much at that moment, Gazel answered immediately.

I sat kind of dumbfounded at that, before quickly sitting back and crossing my arms. "Good evening, King Gazel."

"It is night here, Rimuru." Gazel yawned, but he didn't have bags under his eyes and he wasn't moving slow.

"Ah... I am sorry then. I shouldn't have bothered you so immediately." I was simply a little excited to actually talk to him about my idea.

"You are calling about the protests in Japan, right? I heard you were trying to open an embassy there." He chuckled. "I probably shouldn't have heard about that, you know? At least not so fast."

I sighed and sat up. "Yeah. I guess I am. I wanted to ask if you might attend the opening of the embassy." It was best to be direct with Gazel, he usually had a way of just knowing things.

"I would like to." Gazel answered in a moment.

"Now I know you'll want some-" I paused at that and looked back down at the crystal. "Uh? You don't need any convincing."

"Japan is an important ally, they have much of the world's pre-quirk technology. It is difficult to engage in research without access to trade with them." Gazel nodded. "If they don't have a stable relationship with you, our current trade routes would not be reliable."

"So... You'd go in my place?" I continued the question, clarifying what I meant.

Gazel laughed softly at that. "Perhaps not that much, you can always have Vesta fill that role. I'd like to attend though, and be front and center. It would be best for it to be clear I am behind it as well."

I just stared at him for a few moments. That lined up perfectly with what the prime minister of Japan had said. It still didn't seem to register in my head though. "Has there always been trade through Russia like that?"

"There can't be trade over sea, so yes. Though limited, of course." Gazel sat up and got a more serious expression. "Now that the easy part of this conversation is over, I'd like to talk to you again about your public showings,,,"

"I am sorry about what happened with Hinata." I unfolded my arms and waved them in front of my face. "It wasn't my intention to get her hurt like that, and I didn't exactly have much of an option with the soldiers. There were only a few casualties. It isn't like the army of Farmus."

"That isn't all I mean. I wanted to talk to you about the leak in Japan's foreign Ministry. It is more important. I'm not sure if Japan would be willing to tell you, but the person who leaked it was a former hero." Gazel grinned and had a bit of an angry twitch to his eyebrow. "I never particularly liked their privatized approach to that 'industry.' It is laughable."

When I thought about it, that was odd. Heroes as far as Japan was concerned are essentially just glorified police, but more powerful. So it is unusual to give them licenses to operate privately.