Chapter 35: Magic Sensing

HEYO!

Go look at 's page, he co-authors this story with me!

WE ARE FINALLY BACK

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: 1/3 Me, 2/3 Random

________________________________________________________________________________

Izuku's POV

I was punched in the face by All Might. "Keep your focus, young Midoriya! You can't afford to get distracted in battle!"

I was sent flying back, but I quickly brought my hands to the floor and avoided crashing by doing a flip.

Despite my attempts at suppressing [Magic Sense], it still rang in my head that I was about to get slammed in the gut by All Might's right foot.

I tried to resist the impulse to dodge, but my body still ducked beneath the kick.

All Might brought his leg down, and with my attempts to resist the dodging and my precarious position it connected, sending me to the floor.

"Young Midoriya, is something wrong?" All Might lowered himself to look into my eyes. "I get that we all have bad days, but it almost feels like you're trying to get hit."

I grunted as I lifted myself off the ground. "I.. am. I'm trying to turn off Magic Sense, but if I'm constantly using it then I won't be able to do it."

"That.. is a terrible idea to try in a fight, my boy." He sighed, speaking in a tone that sounded like he would have facepalmed. "A battle is when your body powers up every single one of your senses, why would you try to turn it off in that situation?"

"I don't know, I just.. It's so nauseating to go through crowds right now, and.." He cut me off.

"Listen, my boy. It's perfectly valid to want to learn how to turn Magic Sense off, but there is a time and place for everything." His hands rested on my shoulders. "We can do that after the training session, but I want you to use the skills at your disposal to improve your combat ability. Is that fine with you?"

"I guess, I mean-" I couldn't finish that thought because he threw a punch straight at my face.

This time around though, I didn't resist Magic Sense and followed its perception, ducking under the attack and throwing a kick back at All Might's chest.

It connected, and All Might was knocked back. 'Damn, I hit right where the wound was. That must've hurt.'

All Might laughed it off. "That's more like it! Show me your best! Plus Ultra!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Stehndal's POV

I landed on top of a thug and held a knife to his throat. I wasn't going to kill the man though, he was not gonna be useful if I did. Instead, I carefully used a needle in the tip of my glove to take a drop of blood from the man's neck.

Then I licked it off the tip of the needle. "I want to know about all the hero movements in this city, if you would."

I'd been keeping track of who was keeping track of me this way. Being carefully informed of every patrol the thugs in the area saw.

By keeping track of which heroes followed me from city to city. I'd picked up a few new followers such as Fat Gum and Ryukyu following the Shie hassakai incident, along with a few local heroes of a few of the towns I'd visited in my investigations.

"Endeavor, Endeavor patrolled these alleys earlier this morning." The thug managed to speak through the spit building up in his mouth. I was being too rough with the mental pressure I was applying.