The Barkingburg Crisis Part 1: Preparations

Skye walked over town for a certain beast hunter until she found him standing next to the water fountain from yesterday. However, he stood with three other men. She walked over to the group.

With the group...

"Alright, guys, tonight we continue our search for the beast," Jonathan said.

"Yeah!" All three of them cheered.

"The beast isn't here, anymore," Skye said, which caused the three men in front of Jonathan to look behind him. Jonathan turned around and saw his new friend.

"Hey Skye, good to see you again. But, if I may ask, what do you mean that the beast... "isn't here anymore?" He asked.

"It's now in Barkingburg, and my team and I are heading there now to find it," she answered.

"Really? Hmm. Looks like I'll be joining you," he said.

"Really? Oh, thank you. I was afraid you were going to say no," she said.

"Don't worry, as your new friend, I will gladly come with you. Especially with your little secret," he reassured her.

"Thanks," she replied back.

"Are you sure about this, Jonathan? What if the beast came back?" The brown man asked.

"Then I'll leave you in charge until I get back. This town needs all the protection it can get, Saivon," Jonathan said.

"Very well. Be careful, man," Saivon said as pulled his right hand out.

"Don't worry.... I'll be back," Jonathan said as he shook his friend's hand in an Austrian accent causing the three of them to laugh.

(Reference to Terminator.)

Then, Jonathan grabbed a black bag on his right with his right hand and hoisted it above his shoulder. He turned around to the left and looked down at the cockapoo. "Shall we be off?" He asked.

"Yes we shall," she said with a smile.

Soon, the two were off with Skye leading the way back to the lookout.

...

The pups were getting ready to leave. It would be Everest and Tracker's second time to visit Barkingburg and Rex and Liberty's first time to visit Barkingburg. They were getting all their bags ready. The following included food and other belongings. Ryder was making sure everything was ready. But he was also waiting for Skye. "What's taking her so long?" He asked.

However, his answer was soon to come as he saw Skye walking up a hill with the sun rising from the hill. "There you are, Skye. What took you so...," He asked until a shadow appeared from the sun, following Skye. The pups took notice as well. The figure looked familiar.

But as it got closer,... the shadow revealed itself to be none other than Jonathan.

"Jonathan, what are you doing here?" Ryder asked.

"Skye told me that the beast was now in Barkingburg and that you were going to go look for it. So, after telling me, I figured she asked me to come. So I told my friends to stay here and keep Adventure Bay safe while I go with you all to Barkingburg to find the beast," he explained.

"Look, I'm sorry, but you don't need to come with us. Especially since we were the ones the princess called and it would surprise her that we brought someone unknown to her with us," Ryder explained.

"Don't worry, I can be quite friendly most of the time. Also, I am the only one who knows about this beast and it would be best for a beast hunter to help you track it down," Jonathan explained. "Besides, I also made a promise to this cutie that I will protect her from the beast as well," he finished as he petted Skye on the top of her head with his left hand.

He then took it off as Skye began to speak.
"Can he please come with us, Ryder?" She asked while standing on her two legs and gave him the Puppy Eyes.

"Well..." He started.

Soon, Jonathan placed his bag down and laid his head next to hers as he gave Ryder the Puppy Eyes, as well.

Ryder pointed his right finger up at his shoulder level until something else had happened.

Skye, Jonathan, and all the other pups gave him the Puppy Eyes.

He sighed in defeat and then smiled. "Okay, he can come too," he said.

The others smiled and then went to get the rest of their stuff ready.

Skye stayed back and looked at Jonathan. "I don't remember you promising to protect me earlier," she whispered.

"I did say I would help you keep your little secret safe, didn't I?" He asked her in a whisper. "Now come on, let's go help get the stuff ready," he said.

Ryder took count of the pups. "Chase. Liberty. Zuma. Rex. Tracker. Everest. Marshall. Rocky," he counted with each of their own bags. Then, he saw Rubble. "Rubble," he chuckled as Rubble brought a luggage cart full of bags... once again. Only this time, it wouldn't budge.

Skye walked out of the Lookout's doors. Jonathan stood by on the left waiting for her with her own bag.

Ryder asks her, "what took you so long?"

She puts her bag down.

"Weeeellll...," Skye started as the little cockapoo looked to her right up at the sky with her tiny left paw up.

....

Skye walked over to her stuff within her minivan and looked at all the toys she won from many carnival games. In rapid succession, she put all of her toys in her bag just in case she accidentally ripped one when she transforms.

....

"...let's just say I needed the essentials, hehe," she answered.

Then, Skye, Ryder and Jonathan saw the Pups trying to help Rubble push the cart into the Paw Patroller only to push them back out. The Pups were flung into the air and into a pile, tired from their efforts.

Jonathan walked over onto the left side of the cart and handed Ryder his bag. Next, he placed his right hand under the cart. What came next was unexpected. Jonathan picked up the cart with ease like it was a small box. Skye, Ryder, and the pups were shocked.

"Whoa," Skye said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you this -- I'm a MAGICAL beast hunter. So of course, this is how I survive my battles with all sorts of dangerous fauna," he explained. Then, he went back to the subject at hand and walked over to the Paw Patroller and placed it down. He held it up with his left hand so it wouldn't fall off the ramp. "Misha...," With both his right index and middle finger closed together, he placed the two on his heart and then took it off. "... Shren-kah!" He said as he points them together at the cart and then lowered them down as the cart shrunk. The now tiny cart slid down the ramp and hit Jonathan's left shoe. He grabs it with his left hand and dropped it into his right. He walks back over to a stunned Ryder and gave him the cart and grabbed his bag and went aboard.

"I think you made the right choice, Skye. Looks like we do need him to find the beast," Ryder said.

To be Continued...