Crisis in Barkingburg Part 6: The Princess and the Beast Part 4

(Before reading this, please comment on how much you enjoyed the last chapter.)

Princess Julie heard a horrifying animal sound and apparently, her curiosity gotten the better of her as she walked out of her room with a fancy candle and made her way down to the basement. Since it was nighttime during the current hour, it was REAL spooky for a child such as herself.

Especially, when there's an extremely dangerous beast lurking about.

She was now in the basement, and after walking a few steps away from the stairs and between multiple paths, she stops.

But not because she doesn't know where to go; she knows the place like the back of her hand. But because she felt a sense of dread and horror around her.

Then, she heard the sound of padded feet run past her from behind.

She turned around to the right, but accidentally stepped on the inside of her skirt with her right foot and landed on her tooshie

She then heard growling from the darkness.

She then saw the red eyes of the beast as it drew closer

She then saw the red eyes of the beast as it drew closer. Soon, it revealed its form.

She was still in terror, but she was now equally in shock of its appearance in the form of a puppy with a swimsuit on her.

(Weak roar.)

"Aww, what a cutie!" Princess Julie yelled in happiness as she placed her hands on her face.

Feral Were-Skye whimpered in confusion.

"C'mere, you adorable beast," she said as she grabbed the werecockapoo by the waist and hoisted her in the air

The little werebeast tried to bite her and kept snapping but to no avail.

"Despite being some sort of monster dog, you are just the cutest!" she said as she then used her thumbs to tickle the feral dog.

The feral dog started to pant crazily as she enjoyed being tickled as her eyes returned to normal.

Julie continued until she realized something. "Wait a minute. You're a cockapoo? Hold on. Those... Those eyes. Skye? Is that you?" She asked.

The Werepuppy reacted with a scared whimper.

"Oh, you poor thing," she said. Then, she turned Skye onto her back as she laid down on Julie's left arm. "So this is why you were acting so strange," she said as she used her free index finger and rubbed the little werecockapoo's chin. Afterwards, Princess Julie perked up in realization. "Wait. So that means the beast..."

"...is a werewolf," she said.

She then heard sad whimpering sounds coming from Skye and she could see tears pouring out from her eyes.

"If you want, Skye, I will keep this a secret."

"Hopefully, you will," a male voice in the dark said.

The two looked where Skye came from and saw a mysterious figure resembling a wolf.

Which it was.

The wolf moved its left front paw out of the darkness.

To the princess, it was strange to see green wolf paw as it revealed to belong to a green wolf with a brown mane of fur aloft its head. But to Skye, her tears quickly dried up as she barks happily as she knew this wolf. She jumped out of the princess's arms and ran over to the wolf.

"Skye, wait!" She called out with her right hand as the other hand laid on the ground to keep her off of the ground. But then she pulled her hand back, as she saw Skye hugging the green wolf's left front leg. "Wait, this is the one that helped you that night, isn't it Skye?" She asked.

Skye lets go and nodded her head once at the princess. She was then gently grabbed by the wolf's mouth and then took the little werepup over to the princess and placed her into Julie's lap.

Julie, with her right arm holding Skye, patted the green wolf on the head with her left. "Thank you, my new green, furry, canine friend," she said as she rubbed his head twice and then pulled it back.

"Your welcome, your majesty," he said.

Julie and Skye were now shocked. Not only because he talked, but also his voice sounds familiar.

"Jonathan? You're a...," Julie started.

"Yep. I, am an animagus; a human with the magical power to turn into any animal in the animal kingdom with the sad exception of not turning into bugs. Don't ask why about the last part. But I can use my wolf-like senses to track anything, even try to find this monster. Also, my buddies are animaguses, too. And, we swear to find this werewolf and put it down before it hurts anyone else," he explained and it soon eased up on their psyche.

Skye now knows how he was able to do all this stuff earlier today. Smelling her like a bloodhound to find her while playing hide and seek? Jumping super high onto buildings? He can easily do anything with help from DNA 🧬 from all certain species.

"Skye? Jonathan?" A female voice said.

Jonathan turned to his left while the princess and the little werepup leaned to their right.

The group couldn't believe their eyes and saw that the voice belonged to.....

...

...

...

...

....

....

....

.....Everest.

To be continued...

(Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, but I just need to let you all know that the next chapter is part 7... but with a new subject: keeping secrets.)