Chapter 11 Yaadan Teriyaan

Narrator's POV
Aryan stood in his office staring at the painting Aashna had made.
"Go Aryan! If you can't stop her from getting married, at least tell her how you feel before she does", his mom said now standing beside him.
"But mom, don't you think it will be too late?" He asked.
"Maybe, but at least you know that you tried.. If you truly love someone Aryan, you have to try your best to make your love succeed. Otherwise, it's not true love.." His mom replied.
He looked at her for a minute and decided that she was right... He should at least tell her how he feels..
Aashna deserves to know that he loves her...
Aryan then took the next flight to Mumbai and headed to Aashna's house.
Aryan's POV
"Namaste Aunty" I said as I stood at the doorway.
"Yes?" She said.
"You must be Aashna's mother.. I was the one for whose office Aashna did a painting." I said.
"Oh, hello beta! Please come inside.." She said leading me into the house.
"You must be here to attend the wedding.. It's a good thing you came.. Today is Aashna's sangeet!" She said. I stood there now in shock..
"May I meet Aashna, Aunty? I asked.
"Absolutely, she's in her room upstairs. First door to the right" She said. I walked upstairs and opened the door.
Aashna's POV
I heard my door open... Oh My God!
"What are you doing here?" I said.
"I came to meet you.. I want to tell you something Aashna.." He said.
"I am getting married in 5 days Aryan.. What do you want to tell me now?" I asked.
"Not here... Let's go somewhere.." He said.
"I can't! My sangeet is in two hours!" I said.
"Please...." He said.
I sighed and finally agreed.
"Mom, I am going out for half an hour.. I promise I will be back in time .." I said.
She looked at me suspiciously and nodded.
"What do you want to tell me Aryan?" I asked once we reached to a park.
"Aashna..." He said getting closer to me. I backed away until I felt a tree behind me and had nowhere to go.
"I ... Love... You" Aryan whispered in my ear.
I couldn't hold in any longer... I loved him too... I tried to hide it all this time, but my heart couldn't bear the pain anymore..
"I do too Aryan .." I said hugging him tightly..
"But, I can't do this... You will have to forget me ..." I said, my heart aching.
"Do you think it is that easy?!" Aryan said.
"I know.. But please!" I said.
"No, I came here to tell you how I feel... Now that I know you feel the same about me... I am not leaving till I take you with me.." He said.
"Aryan, that's not possible.... I can't just break someone else's heart for my happiness.. I can't just leave like you did!!!!! You know what, I dare you! Marry someone else the same day I am getting married! If you don't, I will leave! I won't come back ever again! If I have to leave my family and you I will! I will kill myself! I dare you!" I said. Oh crap, what did I say? Oh my God! How could I say something so rude to Aryan.. He didn't leave by choice...
I began to apologize immediately," Aryan, I'm so so-"
He then took me by the shoulders harshly," Fine! I will!" And he left... Just like that..
Oh God! What have I done?