Chapter 30

☆☆☆☆☆

A Break in?

☆☆☆☆☆

"—And here's his profile," Officer Jacobe said as we gathered around his small laptop monitor. There showed a man in his late 20s, his Bio written beside his profile picture.

The picture features his black hair and blue eyes, A bright smile gave away a friendly open vibe which contradicts our suspicion towards him.

What shocked us is that Officer Jacobe did not show his social media account.

It was a police report from 4 years ago.

Status: Missing

I internally groaned thinking this is gonna take up more time than it should, looking for this 'Missing Luis' person is gonna feel like taking two cases all at once.

"Are you sure this is the person that resulted positive on the DNA test?" I asked, wanting to be sure.

Officer Jacobe chuckled and said, "Thought you were gonna ask that. Yes, It is him. Officer Grantuza double-checked and triple-checked just to be sure"

I sighed and said, "Of course, We'll at least be on the bright side— We've got a lead on a missing person after so long and We might get a connection as to what's been happening"

Suddenly Officer Amandoron's Phone started vibrating, he took it out of his pocket and checked. "Dang it's lunchtime," He said.

"It's a good thing Officer Grantuza brought packed lunch for us after he dropped this file off," Officer Yvonne said as she took the bag that was sitting in the corner the entire time and placed it on an Unused table inside the room.

I shook my head at their frequent mentioning of him as I sighed, Officer Amandoron took notice and said "Be greatful your ex still cares, my ex and I would kill each other if we crossed paths again"

I laughed and said, "He's always been a good person even before we got together, He's treated me—and us the same way as he did before. There are just some boundaries that we can't cross now and It's alright"

"He also knows that eating would only be a prize for me if I Were to solve the case"

☆☆☆☆☆

"Officer Vanessa," I said as I nodded at her, She just smiled and said "Don't rush yourself, Take your time. Cases usually take a few more months to be solved"

I smiled back and said, "I'll try my best, thank you for assuring me, professor"

Her smile widens before laughing, "You're my greatest student Miss (L/N) (Y/N), Good luck!" She said as she bid her farewells before exiting the Area, I stared at Vanessa for a moment; Noticing something was poking out from her pocket, something I couldn't quite point a finger at before entering the Pizzaplex.

'I'll keep in mind what I saw ' I thought as I felt the cold breeze of the Airconditioning hit my skin, I took a deep breath and smiled.

"Alright, Time to do my Job," I said as I went to the Staff Room to check in.

The Night continued without any drawbacks, A normal Night as it should be. I assumed Vanessa Already checked up on the Glamrock Gang, seeing that the task seemed to have been already crossed out.