CHAPTER ONE || first meet

YN'S POV
It was 11:37 when I woke up, I looked at my phone,

"Shit! I'm late for my interview."

I had a interview as a bartender at a new night club in the centre of NYC at 12:00 so I was rushing to get my things.

As soon as I was dressed and had collected my purse and phone I ran out the door and into the car going as fast as I could down the road.

15 minutes later

I had pulled up outside the nightclub with 8 minutes to spare.

As soon as I got out the car I could see the boss already waiting outside the place,

"Hi! I'm here for the interview!" I said,

"Hello, yes! You must be.. y/n?" He asked me after looking at the note board in his hands,

"Yep, that's me!" I answered with a slight smile on my face,

"Follow me." he also had a smile.

30 minutes later I had finally finished talking to him and showing him my CV so I started collecting my things to leave, but as I was walking out the door I bumped into someone knocking me to the ground,

"Hey watch where your going!" I shouted trying to get to my feet,

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" The women said with a slight rasp in her voice.

I stood up looking her in the eyes. She was beautiful, she had smooth red hair and bright blue eyes, wearing a black cat suit that hugged all her curves.

"it's okay, sorry for shouting." I said blushing as red as physically possible,

She chuckled at my reaction.

"What?" I asked her,

"Nothing, your just very funny. That's all!" She said to me with a large smirk on her face.

"I should get going!" I said to her rushing off to my car and driving off.

9pm the next night

It was officially my first shift.

The music was blaring and was packed with so many people I barely got a moment to think. But that didn't effect me even the slightest.

I stood behind the glossy black counter top which was stretched across the width of the room. The neon strobe lights bouncing off it, projecting a bright puke of colours on to me.

I handled the bottles without a care, throwing them in the air and around my body.
Mixing unforgivable concoctions.

I was pouring the liquid into a large group off shot glasses, occasionally spilling it over the counter.

The herd of boys in front of me cheered and with one swift movement, all were gone into the shadows of the club.

I grooved to the music, bouncing slightly and swaying my head to the beats.

It's only been one night and I already love this job.

That's when she walked in, the same women who had bumped into me the evening prior.

"Hey! Your that girl from yesterday?" She asked me,
I stared into the soul of the woman, I thought was more than perfect.

"Hello?" She said again with her eyebrow raised,
I suddenly snapped out my trance answering her,

"Sorry! Yeah, that girl!" I said, emphasising "that girl" while chuckling a little, she giggled to my comment.

"Hey, uhh, I never got your name!" I said to her still staring her straight in the eyes.

"Natasha! Natasha romanoff."
Hmm, I recognise that name from somewhere.

"I've heard that name before........ Wait! Your black widow! Right?" I asked her nervously with a small but subtle smile,

"Yep that's me!" She replied

"Oh my god, this is so cool! I love watching you guys on tv, fighting crime and all that stuff!" I said to her with a lot of excitement in my voice making her smile hugely at my response.

NATS POV
We had been talking for around 20 minutes and the club was now starting to empty out,

"Hey um, you never told me your name?" I said to her,

"Oh yeah, sorry! Im y/n!" She answered with a huge grin spreading across her face showing small dimples in each cheek.

That's when I noticed the group of men dressed head to toe in full black suits, walking in scanning the place,

"Oh Shit!" I mumbled,

"Whats wrong?" Y/n asked, furrowing her brows in confusion.

"Quick!" I whispered to her dragging her towards the storage closet and shutting the door quickly but quietly behind us,

"What's going on?!" She asked me while getting extremely nervous.

"Did you see those men that walked in?" I asked

"Yeah? Why?" she said while watching me push all the boxes in front of the door,

"They are hydra, whatever they are here for. It's not good, I need you to stay close to me. They can't see our faces!" I said as she started to get more and more panicked.

"H-hydra? Wh-" just then a loud banging noise appeared coming from outside the room we were in.

"Just hide behind something, Now!!" I whisper yelled at her grabbing my gun and pointing it at the door just in case,
Eventually the banging stopped and everything went silent.

"Y/n, you okay?" I asked. There was no reply,

"Y/n?" I turned around to see her curled up on the ground breathing heavily.

"Hey hey, look at me y/n. I'm so sorry! It's okay! Just breath deeply and slowly with me.. in.. and out....." i continued doing this with her for another 30 minutes until her breathing was eventually back to normal.

"You alright now?" I said to her with a nervous look on my face.

"Y-yeah I'm okay! It's just.. my first shift didn't exactly go as i planned it too.." she chuckled nervously while she was still shaking a little but I could understand why.

"Hm, how about I make up for it?"

"What do you mean?" She asked me,

"I can drive you back to mine and we could watch a movie if you want?" I replied blushing a little bit.
She smiled and nodded her head while getting to her feet with help from me.

Authors note: AHHHH FIRST CHAPTER DONE!!! HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!

Word count: 1039

Update: I re did parts of this chapter as I was reading back on it and realised it was a little bit cringy and stuff like that. Hopefully it's at least a little bit better now. I might make little changes to some of the other chapters but we will see. Goodnight everyone:)