CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE || thank you.

Yelena's POV

Honestly, you don't understand how pissed I am at y/n. I know she's struggling and she's been through a lot recently but that no excuse for her hurting Nat and then running away!

Within seconds, Nat had walked in with Y/N cowering behind her.

I stood up immediately and stormed over,
"Are you fucking serious?! Do you understand what you've done!"

My face was red as I felt myself getting angry. I saw Y/N looking at me with pure fear in her eyes as Natasha immediately pushed me away.

"Don't you dare speak to her like that!" She shouted at me.

Y/N'S POV

She's right.. I don't understand. I hurt Nat, I freaked out and ran away. I'm a failure.

Tears slowly rolled down my face as I watched Yelena and Nat scream it out with each other, giving me time to sneak away and lock myself in the guest bedroom.

This was the only door that was unable to be unlocked from the outside.

I leant against the door, slowly sliding my back down until I was on the floor.

I've fucked up so badly.

Around 15 minutes later I heard Yelena calling my name. I ignored her and stayed locked in the room.

Eventually she knocked on the guest room door,

"Y/n. I know your in there. I just want to talk to you." She had a tint of guilt in her voice but I still don't trust it.

"Please." She asked again.

I hesitated before sighing and opening the door.

"What do you want? To yell at me again." I walked away from the door and over to the bed, keeping my distance from her.

"No, I wanted to apologise. I shouldn't have lashed out. I know your going through a lot and it was unfair of me to act like that." She spoke, staying near the door so she didn't agitate me.

"I really didn't mean to hurt Nat.." I mumbled.

"I know." Yelena replied in a soft tone. "It wasn't your fault. She pushed you. Nat wanted you to get your anger out."

I kept my gaze at the floor.

"Do you hate me?" I mumble.

"What? Of course I don't! Y/N, your my best friend. I could never hate you no matter what you do." She assured me. I looked up at her but all I could see in her eyes was pure honesty.

"There's some leftover Mac and cheese downstairs if you want some?" She changed the subject to make it less awkward.

I stayed looking at her for a second before smiling slightly.
"Sure."

We both walked down to the kitchen, me still slightly cowering behind.
Once we got down, she got me a chair at the kitchen island, away from the team.

I sat down and a couple seconds later, a bowl of Mac and cheese was placed in front of me. I pretty much chug it down from how little I've eaten recently.

"Thank you Yel.." I said to her genuinely with a loving smile on my face.

"There's nothing to thank me for. I'm just looking out for you."

"No. Thank you for being there for me, thank for you not giving up to find us, thank you for making sure i was okay. Seriously Yelena. Thank you for being the bestest friend I could ask for. I love you." I stand up and pull her into a tight hug.

All of a sudden, there was a round of applause coming from behind us.

We turned around and saw the whole team standing there, Nat had a huge smile on her face.

"I have to admit, that was adorable to watch." Thor said, wiping his eyes.

Nat walked over to me, gently holding my face with both her hands.
"I'm so proud of you my darling." I started to smile aswell.

"We're all here for you y/n. We will help you through this." Wanda said to me as Nat moved so I could see everyone clearly.

"I love you all.." tears started to well up in my eyes now as I tried to hide them, making everyone chuckle.

"What does everyone say to a compound games night?" Tony blurts out.

We all laugh and walk into the lounge.

I'm so happy to finally have found people that care for me.

A/N: I'm really sorry this chapter is shorter than I expected. I'm having major writers block and I'm also looking after my horses most of the week so it doesn't give me much time to write. I promise I will try to get the next chapter out before August 15th.

Love you all, and thank you so much for over 5K reads!! I really appreciate it!

WORD COUNT: 800