CHAPTER SIXTEEN || secrets unfolded.

Y/N'S POV

We laid side by side trying to catch our breath. The cold air hitting my body, I slowly stood up and walked over to the bathroom.

"Where you going?" She asked me with her eyes closed.

"To run you a bath." I replied with a large smile on my face.

She hummed in response with a grin planted.

Once I ran her bath, I added some bubbles before going back out to the room.

"Come on sweetheart, its ready for you." I spoke softly to her.

She opened her eyes and sat up. I immediately noticed her looking me up and down.

"Your still naked." She chuckled at me.

I looked down, realising and covering myself with my arms.

"Hey, hey, why are you covering yourself up?" She asked with concern in her voice.

"I'm just cold. Come on, let's get you in your bath" I said, dragging her up and grabbing my robe on the way.

"Will you join me?" Nat spoke, just as I was about to walk out.

"I would, but I really have to catch up on something. I'm so sorry darling. Maybe next time." I answered her with a sad tone.

She looked at me confused but only hummed in response.

I walked out, making sure to shut the door before heading over to our shared wardrobe. Immediately I pulled out some comfy pyjamas as we weren't planning to go out till later. Until then, I wanted to do some shopping since it was Nats birthday soon. I wanted to get her something that I had been looking at for a couple months.

After I put my pj's on. I heard a small noise come from the kitchen area. As if something had been smashed.

Nat was still in the bathroom so I was confused as to what the noise was.

"Um, Nat, how much longer are you going to be?" I asked, inching over to the door so that I didn't have to speak loudly.

There was no response.

"Nat?" I said, now extremely worried.

I slowly opened the door and peered round.

"Nat- Oh my god!!" I screamed as I saw my girlfriend, unconscious on the floor with her towel round her body.

"It's ok baby, I'm gonna go call an ambulance ok!" As I turned to run and grab my phone, I felt a sharp prick in my neck and within a few seconds, everything went black.

NAT'S POV

One minute I was wrapping my towel round my body, ready to leave the bathroom and the next, I was pinned down with a needle shoved into my arm.

I woke up feeling very confused and dazed. Once the fogginess in my sight had cleared, i realised I had been strapped down to a chair by both my arms and legs. I looked around to notice I was not in our apartment. But this place looked familiar, really familiar. It gave me a very large sense of Deja Vu.

That was until the guy I hoped I'd never see again had walked in. I thought Clint and I had destroyed this place! How is it still here?

"What the fuck do you think your doing." I snarled at him with anger clear in my eyes.

He brought his hand up, slapping me round the face.
"I never brought you up to speak to me like that. I don't deserve that after everything I did for you." He spoke in a low, evil tone.

"You never brought me up. You tortured me and made my life a living hell! All you did for me was make me realise how much of a horrible person you are. Where is my girlfriend?!" I yelled at him.

"Oh you don't need to worry about her. Our security are taking very good care of your sweet y/n. Thank you for bringing her back to us."

Back? What the hell?

"What do you mean back?" I asked him, petrified for his answer.

"Ha, it worked then. Otherwise she would have told you. She was born into the red-room. She's been here basically her whole life, she was the deadliest assassin we ever created. She was stronger than anyone, stronger than you. Y/n was what we called, "the whisper widow", you wouldn't hear her coming. She could defeat over 90 of our strongest soldiers in less than 5 minutes. When she escaped, we knew it would take time to retrieve her again so to prevent her from spilling the secret of the red-room. We had one of our enhanced individuals work their wiggly-woos and rewire her brain, causing her to forget everything until that very second."

I sat there in shock, processing the information I just received. Y/n was a widow.. she had to deal with all the pain and torture I went through, possibly even more.

That would explain all the random scars I noticed on her body last night. I'm not letting them get her back. No matter what. The one thing I know about the red room, is that you need to earn their trust. Prove that you are loyal.

"Now that we've spilled our life secrets. We must get too the problem in hand." Dreykov spoke.

"I'll do whatever you want me to do. Just leave her alone. Please."

"Anything?" He asked me, slightly shocked.

"Anything." I replied.

"Perfect."

A/N: how we feeling about the little switch up? Things are getting crazyyyyy..

Word count: 919