CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR || i thought you quit.

NAT'S POV

It's been around 5 months since the incident with the red room. Y/N has gotten so much better already, obviously she still has some trauma but she's opened up a lot.

We recently found at that her eyes change colour with each mood she's in, we've figured out a few of the meanings of the colours. Wanda and Bruce both think she has some other powers joined up with it but we aren't sure how to find out. It's all really just a matter of time.

Currently, I'm sitting watching a documentary on the tv while y/n is fast asleep on my lap. Poor girls been so tired recently, she's been struggling to sleep quite a lot so even getting her to sleep now is good.

I see Wanda walk in so I give her a small smile. She walks over, staring at y/n with a confused look on her face.

I look up at her, "what's up? Is there something wrong?" I question.

She hesitates before replying, "Her mind is loud. Very loud." Wandas voice is quiet as she slowly kneels down, placing her hand lightly on y/n's forehead.

Her hand glows red aswell as y/ns face. I look up at Wanda to see her eyes are also red, she seems extremely focused on whatever she's doing to y/n.

She pulls her hand away from her head after a minute and I feel y/n's body completely relax into me.

"That should help. I changed her dreams into happy ones." Wanda told me.

I thanked her before she sat down on the spare seat next to me so she could also watch the show playing on the screen.

After a few more hours, Y/N started to stir.

I looked down at her, brushing the hair out her face.

"You okay my love?" I ask her, she rubs her eyes tiredly.

"My eyes are sore.." she mumbles.

"Let me have a look sweetheart." I say, slowly pulling her hand away from her face.

She opens her eyes and they are a colour we haven't seen yet.

I look up at Wanda with a slightly worried face.

"That's new." Wanda says to both of us.

"What's wrong?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, looking back and forth from us.

I give Wanda a look telling her to not say anything as it will cause her to freak out.

"Nothing! I was taking about a new series on the tv!!" Wanda Justifies herself.

Y/n gives her a knowing look before looking back at me.
"O...kayyyy" She says.

She slowly sits up and gets off the couch.

"Where are you going?" I ask her.

She replies quickly. "Just too the bathroom, I'll only be a minute." She skips out the room.

Y/N's POV

I manage to get out the room so I run down to a mirror where I can look for myself. My eyes are purple, what does that mean? I don't feel any emotion nor pain so what could it be?

Oh well. I couldn't care less if I'm being honest.

I walk out the bathroom and sit on the bench in front of the compound, pulling my cigarette pack out my pocket and lighting one. I sit there for a while admiring the peace and quiet while I smoke.

"You told us you quit." I hear a voice from behind me.

"I did, for a while.." I reply.

Wanda sits down next to me.
"Why have you started again?" Her tone is soft and gentle.

"It doesn't matter Wands. Please just leave it, and please don't tell Nat. She'll kill me." I ask.

"She needs to know, you can't just keep this from her, she hated it when you smoked."

"I know but please just give me time.. I'll tell her eventually."

Wanda hesitates.
"Fine, but if you haven't told her by the end of the week I'll be telling her myself." She says before walking back inside.

I finish my cigarette before going back inside. I go up for a shower to wash away the cigarette ash smell.

Once I get out, Nat's sitting on the bed waiting, I feel nervous, worried is still have the smell on me.

"You had a long toilet break" She smirked at me.

"Yeah, sorry I got a bit distracted." I say, walking over to the wardrobe and looking for something I can just chuck on.

"Are you okay, you've been very distant today." Nat asks me softly.

I try to think of an excuse but I can't think of any.

"I'm okay, just tired." I go to put on my top but I feel Nat's hand take it away from me.

"No top, your skin looks so beautiful." She says, wrapping her arms around my bare waist from behind while she lays a kiss on my shoulder.
"Your tense.." she pulls me into her hold as she lays a couple more kisses on my shoulders and the back of my neck.

I slowly relax into her touch.

"That's it baby, just relax and breath." Nat whispers in my ear making my body shiver.

I shut my eyes as I lean into her.

"Nat.." I whisper.

"Yeah?" She answers.

"I need to tell you something.." I mumble.

She seems nervous, it's weird but I can sense it, I can hear it in her mind. Maybe this isn't a good idea, but it's too late to back out now.

"What is it darling?" She asks me.

I hesitate.

"Y/N what's wrong?" She asks again.

I pause.

"I relapsed.."

A/N: I'm backkkk!!!! It's only a short one but I promise the next one will be longer. Thank you all for being patient. I really appreciate all the reads this book has and once again thank you all so so much for being patient with me. Love you all🤍

WORD COUNT: 992

NOT PROOF READ