CHAPTER TEN || the meal

Y/N'S POV

"Nat... what's with all the no-" I looked up to see a table placed in the middle of the kitchen, decorated with gorgeous light pink accessories and candles.

It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"Nat. T-This is beautiful." I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm glad you like it, can I?" She asked, with open arms.

I nodded my head, trying to stop myself from crying before being pulled into a light hug.

"I'll always look after you sweetheart. You know that. Okay?" She whispered to me.

I nodded in reply, "yeah.."

"I love you y/n.." she said quietly.

I looked up suddenly.
"What?"

"Nothing.. it was nothing! Come on, let's go eat." She quickly responded, pulling away from the hug.

She gently pulled me over to the table, pulling the chair out slightly so that I could sit down.
Once I was sat, she went over to the worktop, a couple away from where we were sitting.

I stayed where I was, admiring the decorations while waiting for Nat to come back.

"M'lady" she whispered to me as she walked back with a large bottle of Oremus' Late Harvest Tokaji.
(The wine Natasha drunk in age of ultron).

I smiled as she poured it into two beautiful glasses.

"Your drink ma'am," she said to me, taking a bow.

I giggled slightly, which caused her to smile as she realised I was happy.

I took a sip of my drink, finally feeling at home.

3 hours later

Nat's pov

We finished eating about 20 minutes ago and just talked for a while. We told each other about what we got up to when we were apart.

I zoned out, staring at her beauty.

"Nat!" She said, laughing hysterically.

"Oh, what, yeah?" I responded, brought back to reality.

"You were staring at me like I was a ghost" she could barely contain her laughter.

She was so cute when she was happy.

After everything she's been through, happiness is the least she deserves.

Y/N deserves the world. Every star, every ocean. Everything.

"I heard what you said earlier." She mumbled with a smirk on her face.

"Heard what?" I knew exactly what it was, I was just acting dumb.

"When you said you loved me." She spoke softly, leaning her head on her hands.

"Haha, whatttt?" I said, laughing nervously. "You must of misheard me." I was so nervous that I didn't realise the heat spreading to my face.

"The blush on your face says otherwise.." she whispered with a large grin, edging towards me slightly. "I love you too Nat.."

I instantly looked at her.

"I love you, everything about you I love. Your sweet, caring, you always put others before you. Even when the hydra incident happened, you put your life at risk to save mine. You've always treated me like a person, like I was meant to be here. That's not something I felt, well, ever." She now had tears piling up in her eyes, so did I. I listened to her words carefully, "Ever since I met you Nat, you have done everything that you can to help and protect me. You've shown me what it's like to be loved by someone, what it's like to have someone who cares for you. I love you so much I can't even explain it.."

Tears were now pouring down both our faces.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked between sniffles.

Replying in a nod, I instantly pulled her into a long kiss. This feeling was impeccable. We pulled apart after a while, leaning our foreheads together.

"I'll always protect you y/n. No matter the cost." I whispered to her.

"You know, all I've ever wanted was someone to love me the way people love each other on tv. I think I've finally found the love I was looking for.." she spoke softly and quietly. "Your the best thing that's ever happened to me, Y'know that, right?"

I hummed in response.

"I love you y/n" I said looking into her large pupils.

"I love you too."

A/N: sorry it took me so long to release this chapter, I've just had a surgery and I'm in a lot of pain at the moment. Please understand x