CHAPTER NINETEEN || he's finally dead..

Nat's pov

While we were waiting for the rest of the team to return to the room we were in, I had y/n sit down to cool off for a minute.

She was sitting in the far corner, looking out the window with a cold expression on her face. Her head was leaning against the edge of the wall.

Yelena and I had stayed at the other side to give her some space.

"She really doesn't look okay Nat." Yelena whispered to me.

Taking a quick glance over at her, I sighed deeply.

"I'm not sure how I'm going to help her through it this time." I mumbled.

"My advice is, just let her know your here for her. Don't push her to give answers, let her do everything in her time. This is a lot for y/n to be back here again, especially with all the memories being chucked back at her all at once. It's gonna take time Nat, but you can do it. You both can." She said softly as I felt tears well up in my eyes.

Within the next few seconds, Wanda came bursting back through the door breathing heavier than I've ever seen before.

"He's getting away!" She shouted with panic clear in her voice.

Those three words brought y/n straight out her trance.

She was sprinting out the door faster than I could even blink.

"Well she's gone-" Wanda then said, shocked on how fast Y/n had disappeared.

That's when I realised, she was going after him all on her own.

Shit!

I two, started to sprint as fast as I could.

"Bye then!" Yelena shouted.

By the time I had gotten outside, Y/n was climbing on top of the plane wing that Dreykov was trying to get away in.

"This is for all the pain you've caused me and my family.." she screamed with pain showing itself through her tone.

"Y/n no! Don't!" I yelled out in fear as she extended out her baton.

She looked up at me with apologetic eyes before stabbing the weapon into the engine.

"NO!!"

Seconds after she was passed out from the explosion and falling through the sky.

"Nat! What the fuck just happened?!" Half the team asked as they were running out to where we were.

I completely ignored them, grabbing a parachute from the edge and diving after her.

I sped through the air, dodging every piece of debris in the way.

Finally, I was a couple inches away from y/n. As soon as I got too her, I wrapped my legs around her waist so that I could attach the parachute.

Once it was on, I then pulled on the string that inflated it, immediately slowing down her fall.

I cupped her face with the palm of my hands, her delicate face was covered in ash and cuts.
I lightly tapped her cheek with my index finger.

"Come on baby, wake up." I whispered to her.

Within minutes, we were finally down to the ground, where I detached the parachute and laid her down on her back.

"Come on, I need you to wake up sweetheart. Don't give up on me now." Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

A helicopter had landed a few metres away from us but I ignored them and continued to comfort y/n.

"Nat, what the hell!" I heard Yelena scream at me as she stormed her way over.

"What you two did up there was reckless and stupid!" She continued screaming.

"Yelena.. stop.." I heard Wanda whisper to her as I sat there sobbing.

She stopped talking and looked at us, realising the state we were in.

"Shit.. how long has she been out?" Lena asked.

"Since she hit the engine." I mumbled.

All of a sudden, we heard a low groan and faced back to Y/n.
Her eyes slowly fluttered open, showing her eyes which were now red raw.

She tried sitting up but I immediately pushed her back down.

"Your okay baby, just relax. He's gone." I spoke softly to her.

"He's gone?" She asked me, tears now rolling down her cheeks aswell.

"He's dead. You did it Y/n." Wanda said to her, kneeling down to where we were.

"Your free baby.." I said, pulling her into the deepest hug physically possible.

A/N: tried to get this one out quicker but it didn't go to plan. I absolutely hate this chapter. I'm gonna try get the next one out in the next couple days as I'm on holiday for the next two weeks. Hope you enjoy!!

Word count: 774