CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE|| i cant stay here.

Yelena's Pov

I could tell Y/N had been struggling majorly since we got back. She won't really talk to anyone, she avoids us at any given chance, she's barely talking to her own girlfriend, Hell, I can't even remember when she last showered! It's like she's come back a completely different person. Her personality has completely changed.

It's clearly effecting Natasha as well, they've been fighting, a lot! Every time she try's to talk to Y/N, she ignores Nat or she'll run back to her room.

Y/n's Pov

It's been 3 weeks since the Red Room incident. I refuse to talk to anyone, even Nat.

I eventually manage to get myself out of bed at around 1pm and I look in the mirror to see how much of a mess I look. My hair is all knotty and thin, my ribs are showing from the lack of food I've consumed. I look an absolute state.

If I had the energy, I would fix it. But I don't.

After 20 minutes, I take a sharp deep breath and walk out my room towards the training room.
As I'm walking, I see Natasha following behind me, as if she knew where I was headed.

"Where do you think your going?" She asked in a stern tone.

"None of your business." I responded. Which clearly pissed her off.

She grabbed onto my wrist tightly.

"If your going where I think your going then it is my business." She says, looking straight into my eyes.

Since I'm stronger than her, I easily shove her off my wrist and continue walking to the training room.

She didn't try to grab me again but continued to follow close behind me.

Once we arrived, I hung up a punching bag and started to get in my stance, not even bothering to chalk or wrap my fists.

"So your going to purposely injure yourself are you?" Nat spoke up again as she stood next to me.

"Yes." I answer bluntly, punching the bag as hard as I possibly could.

She walked straight in front of me and grabbed my fists before I could punch again.

"Let's spar." She said before I could get a word in.

I took up the offer and walked towards the boxing ring. I knew that I was stronger than her so I tried to provoke her, wanting to see her at her strongest.

"Your fighting a fight you can't win Natalia" I exaggerated the name knowing full well she hated being called by her real surname.

She knew exactly what I was doing.
"Am I now? Last time I checked, you were the one chickening out and hiding in your room for three weeks straight. I thought you were the strongest widow?" She said in a snarky tone. I knew she was trying to wind me up but something in me burst.

I lunge forward and punch her straight round the face, immediately coming in contact with her nose.

"Is that the best you can do? Pathetic!" She yelled at me with a smirk.
My eyes started to glow a bright red, clearly filled with rage.

"Come on Y/N! Show me what your made of!!" She shouted at me again.

I lunged at her once again and punched her repeatedly in the stomach and face before I wrapped my hands around her throat. Her face started going a pale colour as she began to lose her breath. She tapped my wrist rapidly.

"O...ok ok... that's e.. enough!!" She coughed out.

Once I realised what I was doing, I immediately jumped back before sprinting to my room after standing frozen for a couple of seconds.

I could hear the rest of the avengers running into the training room as I ran. I locked my door and barricaded it with the dresser so that no one could enter.

I sat on the end of my bed, legs bouncing like crazy as my breathing became heavy.

"I can't stay here. I need to leave." I mumble to myself.

As I began to hear loud knocking on my door, I grabbed a large rucksack from under my bed and stuffed everything I could fit, inside the compartments.

"Y/n! Open this door now!" I hear Wanda say through the door. I didn't respond and continue to quickly shove things into my bag.

There was more knocking before a couple seconds of silence. Then another voice came.

"Let us in or we will have to come in ourselves. We just want to talk." I heard Yelena say.

Before they could get in, I climbed out my window and managed to climb down the gaps in the bricks on the outside of the compound. As I got down to the bottom, I saw the girls poke their heads out the window.

"Y/n what the hell are you doing! Come back inside!" Yelena shouted.

I ignored her and ran for my life. Luckily the compound was surrounded by a forest so it was pretty easy to hide when everyone came looking for me.

I used my powers to camouflage myself to the colour of one of the trees as I hid on top of its branches.

I made sure to stay looking down so I could see when they all left.

After a few minutes, I saw Nat slowly walking through the trees, looking around.
Her neck was bruised and her face was covered in blood. Just seeing what I did to her made me sick to my stomach.

I can't go back though.. they'll throw me into a cell or even worse, send me to the raft! I wouldn't be surprised if Nat wants to break up as well.

About 3 hours later, it began to go dark and I saw everyone start to head back. Once I was sure I was safe, I climbed down and continued to run. I was extremely fit so I managed to run about 30 miles before getting tired.

By then, I was deep into the main city.

I remembered that I packed some money with me so I called a cab. I asked them to drive me to the airport and so they did.

After we arrived, I paid them their money and went inside.

This is going to be a long night..

A/N: soooo, I promised this chapter would be out sooner than it was but I've ended up having to do my GCSEs the last two weeks so everything has been crazyyyy!!! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. The next one has already been pre-written and will be uploaded on the 16th June:)

Hope everyone has a good day/night. Love you all🫶🏻

Word count: 1124