【2】

The show was over. Fuck. Why was he here? Out of so many people to join Semi's band.

I make my way backstage to congratulate Semi and the others in their great performance tonight. All I have to do is avoid him and get to Semi-

"Fancy seeing you here"

I hear a voice loom from behind me. You have to be fucking kidding me right now. I turned around knowing exactly who it was.

Suna

"Missed me?"

"As if" I rolled my eyes at him closing the distance between us.

"Why now. Why? Why Suna. Out of so many places. Here? Seriously? Do you know-"

"Listen, I'm sorry alright?" He says looking down at me

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. You have no idea what you put me through or how much I had to work up to fix myself- all because of you"

"Listen I know I messed up but please let me make it up to you"

He looked at me with pleading eyes. Did he think I was this stupid. Did he really think I'd come back just by him saying a simple sorry? I knew his sorry meant nothing. They meant nothing coming from him. It was his tactic of moving on without meaning it. The way he'd say sorry after doing me wrong. After hurting me. After treating me like shit. Fuck you Suna. Fuck you and all you made me go through.

"Oh, there you are" Semi. Thank goodness.

"I see you two have met each other, so I guess there's really no need for me to introduce you two."

"Yeah..." Only if Semi knew. He did know about Suna, but he never knew it was him specifically.

"It was nice meeting you, y/n" I swear I could see the venom coming out his mouth as I heard him say my name. He walked away and Semi smiled at me.

"Well, what do you think? Good addition to our team?"

"Yeah. It's great" I had to sound enthusiastic, at least for Semi's sake. I didn't really like the idea of Suna being part of the band. If there was one thing for sure, it was that he would try to pull Semi and I away and somehow make the band split. I don't like whatever you're planning Rintarou. Whatever it is I will figure it out.

"Should we head home now?"

"Yes please, can we grab some food? I'm hungry"

"Of course baby, anything for you"

We exited the colosseum. Deciding to grab some PandaExpress and head straight home.

[Play R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighborhood]

I turned up the volume and sang along. I could see Semi smile at me while he drove. God, I love this song. It brings me the nostalgia of being young, living freely as I pleased, choosing my own path in life. Being the one in charge of my life.

As it also reminds me how I would be the type of teenager to live the wild life, going to parties, sneaking out, occasionally skipping class. It wasn't a habit, but it definitely happened more than once. I lived the "reckless" life, not because I wanted to, but because of who I would hang out with.

Although we can choose who we hang around with, this was the only person I'd rather be with at any time of the day. It didn't matter if it was day or night, or where we would hang out, I thought maybe living the crazy life would've been a lot better rather than the "plain" and "boring" life most people live.

I can confirm that living the "reckless" life doesn't make you any cooler, but young people don't understand that until they grow older. I wasn't any cooler than any other kid in school. I was a normal teenager living my life as I wanted to. I didn't have parents to restrict me in certain things.

My parents were there, but they weren't. Does it make sense? They would do the basics of providing food and shelter and other basic things any parent should do. But they weren't there to support me nor my dreams. They didn't really care about what I wanted to do, as far as careers, they didn't show much interest in guiding me.

That's why I found the comfort my parents couldn't provide in someone else. Someone who I never thought could hurt me the way they did.

I look at Semi. The way the street lights hit his face every time we drive past one. The way his eyes gleamed with the reflection of the light.

He parked right in front of our apartment, as soon as we got inside we put everything down and sat down to eat.

Although seeing Suna tonight ticked me off, I wasn't going to let that ruin my time spent with Semi. I pushed all my thoughts aside. All my questions of why now, how he just entered back into my life. Like it was nothing. I hope nothing gets messy. I know what he is capable of. He could ruin anyone's life if he wanted to.

As we finished eating, Semi turned towards me.

"Thank you for being there with me"

"Of course. You know I would never miss your shows. I'm your number one supporter. Always and Forever" I give him a bright smile and he leans over as we share a kiss. What a great way to end the night. I wouldn't ask for anything else than this. All I wanted was right in front of me. Nothing more. Nothing less.