sixteen | remember me

Present Day
..
Kaine

We entered the hospital together.

Before going into the office today, we decided to visit Eazy.

"Leigh, I'm nervous.."

"And?"

"I should've been did this.."

"You're right."

"E, man ..you good?"

"Yea, man ain't shit worst than four bullets at once, I was lucky that this time it was only one." He laughed,

He had been shot while we were in high school, over a bitch.

Glad he's here with us today.

He looked over towards Leigh,  "I don't believe we've met? Leigh, right? I'm Eazy."

She laughed, "Ezekiel, I know you. You know me, it's me Leigh Christian.."

"LC? Big L? I mean..wow, Leigh, you've grown up."

I could've slapped him.

"Sorry, you're beautiful. Then and now..this is the Leigh? Wow .. wait! The algorithm.."

"It's safe. She's assisting me, but we also need you."

"We're getting married."

He started laughing, slap of the knee, until he noticed that we were serious,

"Y'all can't be serious. I'm confused as fuck. When did this—

"Leigh, feels as through her locket is too obvious."

"She has a point. Easy to crack open, a ring can be destroyed and that's it. I'm just confused how you can pop out like that, all of a sudden."

"Have you seen the tabloids?"

"Trust me I have and it has created a buzz."

"Read one yesterday, With Kaine's mysterious unknown fiancé story and me being his alleged unknown engaged love interest we've been ambushed--with cameras and paparazzi. Luckily I always wear sunglasses. They'll eat that shit up."

"So, what do you need my help with."

"You know the most outside of us, can we trust you?" Leigh asked bluntly.

"Me, of course. Any of the other guys, yes. But Frio? Hell no. He too reckless. Keep this shit on the low. Do an intimate setting, invite all of us, ya moms, ya pops, and some employees..the ring is gonna be the talk of the town so get three replicas. One to lay around the house, for functions, for press, and of course the real. Y'all decide on what makes them different."

I looked towards Leigh, she nodded. She was in.
..
Leigh

The ride home was awkwardly silent.

"I.. um..I need a dress and stuff. Is that coming out of my check?"

"You're my wife, you're fired."

"I'm not even your real fiancé yet, I still want my job. My office. You should pay me to be your wife."

"We can arrange that."

"This means, I can't see LeSane anymore.." I realized slowly, sadly.

"You're still worried about UPS? You've only been out once."