nineteen | l u c k y

Leigh

I'm so lucky.

They say.

"She's so lucky.." I heard the whispers, as I walk around during the wedding reception.

"I knew they were fucking."

"She must be pregnant, there was no chemistry whatsoever between them."

"He's gonna take care of the kid? Guess they had to make it official, after the DNA test."

I'm so lucky.

I've got a world renowned, talented black mogul showcasing me as if I'm  a trophy, has the dream job, clothes, and cars, and I'm now considered beautiful.

"Hey, can I steal my husband really quick?"

"Wassup?"

"Question?"

"You meant all that you said?"

"Yes, with a little romantic fluff." He joked.

"I meant what I said in my vows.. we're a team. Therefore, we must defend our marriage. There's literally people out there right now saying you married me because I fell pregnant or only because Noa is biologically yours. That's not right."

"Everyone's entitled to their opinions Leigh, but I got you. What song do you want our first dance to be to?"

"I'll let you choose."

I found Krissy as she was feeding Noa. She's been more of a mother to him these past 3 to 4 months than I have.

I had him on weekends, sometimes during the week, but all that she does is greatly appreciated.

"Hey, Kriss, I'll take him. Thank you so much for your help."

" Its nothin' plus Kaine pays me a hefty salary and Noa's a dream, you've raised him amazingly. And you're such an amazing mom, he loves you, I know you worry but any mother would."

She has two of her own,

"I'll take him off your hands for few." I said, she handed him to me , he jumped for joy.

It's crazy how unconditional a child's affection can be.
..
I found my mother,

"So, you and Kaine. Very ironic. You must be pregnant with his baby . Keeping it this time I see, means two baby dads."

"I'm not pregnant mother. Can you say hello to your grandson?"

"Just fat?" She said ignoring Noa.

"Did you come this far, just to insult me?"

"No, I came here to tell you good job. You've gained everything. Money, looks, and lifestyle. You finally did something right. You're lucky."

"I'm lucky? Why can't we both be lucky?"

"What exactly do you have baby?"

"An education. A high position at a large tech company. I'm a mother, mom."

"A brain and a baby? That's all you have to offer. You're lucky you're cute in the face and that he doesn't have a weight, child, and height threshold."

"Goodbye mother."

"Wait, wait.."

"What Ma'?"

"Did you see your father looking at me, the whole ceremony? How tacky."

"I'm sorry Ma, I didn't know that my wedding day was about you. I was too busy getting fucking married. I don't fucking know or care that he was looking at you, shit, you can't even be normal for once."