five | love me, hate me

--
Kaine

"Leigh! Can you bring me my shirt."

"Nig—Sir, I'm downstairs making dinner. Do you think that you can grab it yourself?"

I hope she did not forget that I was the one signing her check.

"It's downstairs, that's why I asked you Ms. Christian."

"Fight me Kaine Cole. I'm coming with your shirt now."

I heard a slight knock, "Come in."

"I see that you wanted to match me even though you didn't go to NYU."

She spread out my shirt then handed it to me.

It was true.

NYU was my dream school but instead I chose NC A&T and I finished at UCLA.

"Thanks for the shirt LC."

She eyed me as I put on my shirt. I caught her in the act leading her to immediately snap out of her dazed state.

"Ms. Christian to you.."

I walked toward her beautiful body. I towered over her with my 6'8 frame and her eyes shifted downward shyly. I fixed my mouth to say something to her.

"I-I gotta go finish dinner."

She rushed out of my bedroom.

I couldn't help but to laugh. It made me think of our first meeting—long ago.
...

Back in '09 I was the star wide receiver of Frederick Douglass High School. Fresh meat were entering the big bad world of Doug. My homeboys would always mess with the young Joans but I didn't want any parts of that illegal ass shit.

"Yo, son I think we found the perfect one for ya'." My teammate Frio pointed out, I was perfectly fine with my main bitch, Tori

I looked up and a tall, chubby girl, with braces, and glasses was walking in our direction. Her hair was curly and jet black, though, she was pretty, her face was full of red blemishes.

I laughed ,"What the fuck? You can have that...lil' Joan, she's not for me lil'nigga."

The crews laughs shook the main hall and they were so loud that a soft accented voice couldn't be heard,

"Excuse me."

"Aye y'all look it's Meg Griff'." 

The young girl didn't respond to the joke—shit was pretty funny though.

"I'm not going to say it again, excuse me." She repeated calmly.

Everyone turned their heads and spectators surrounded us. We saw Derrick's facial expression and knew something was about to go down.

"Fat Bitch, who do you think you're talking to?" 

I watched the encounter. The girl took off her glasses and looked directly up to Derrick. 

"Nigga, You. Who the fuck are you anyways? Peon ass nigga, move out my fucking way, like I said. Rephrase that last remark,I dare you to. I gotta get to class just like everybody else."

It tripped me out that shorty had heart.

Frio, Derrick, Bobby, and Eazy circled around her—like I said I don't want no parts.