six | arise

--
Leigh

I did lash out.

I deserve it.

But he wasn't the cause, it was other people, and he was my only target. Plus the animosity I already held, I was bound to explode.

"Leigh, Mr. Cole would like to see you in his office."

"Can you tell him that I'm busy."

"Uh--um.." I rolled my eyes, I always forget everyone's so afraid of Kaine Cole.

Though he's steel in stature he's practically cotton on the inside—deep, deep inside.

"I don't think I have enough courage to do that and my job is fairly important to me."

"You don't have to. I will, thanks."

As soon as she left, speaking of the devil—he was already on the line calling,

"How may I help you?

"Leigh." He said in a soft-warning voice,

"Cole, I'm busy what do you need?"

"Why haven't you been answering? You're lucky I found it. I wanted you to get my vitamins from the pharmacy."

"My apologies. I'll go get your second prescription and lunch."

I had been so busy organizing everything in the office, I completely forgot.

"That's okay—for the lunch. I have a meeting. You can go to lunch though."

"Are you sure you have a meeting today? In the system it says you're all cleared and I know for a fact you're all cleared."

"Last minute business."

"Fine."
--
As I was walking around the boutiques and shops, pushing Kamdyn in his stroller, I heard my name being called. Scared that I was caught skipping lunch I walked faster.

"Leigh!"

I stopped simply because I was tired and I recognized the persons voice.

"Leigh! Wait up."

I stopped and turned around, LeSane was out of breath crunched over in his knees.

"Woo. You sure can walk in those heels."

"Hello to you too LeSane." I laughed, the fit man, was surely out of of breath.

"I've been trying to get in contact with you—I haven't  seen you since we had lunch."

I've been working so much, I don't even know what's going on in the world. LeSane and I had gotten closer over text after our first meeting last month. However, every time we try to plan—Kaine's tugging at my arm.

"I know, Kaine's been working me like a damn dog and I have the little one."

"Kaine's?"

I shook my head, "Mine."

"Oh, we'll—we can go for a quick coffee, I got 30 seconds. Can lil''man eat whip cream?"