seven | party's over.

Tread carefully.
--
Leigh

The ride home was dreadfully slow, boring, and quiet. He sat across from me not denying any eye contact.

"There's a Gala tonight, I want you to accompany me."

I looked at him like he was crazy. After today's verbal lashing, he wants me to do something for him? He's lucky I'm not some crazed murderer who seeks revenge!

"No, thank you. I have plans."  I said bitterly. I'd rather be with LeSane any day then with a man who basically called me worthless.

"With UPS?" He laughed. 

Like what's wrong with working for UPS?

"Yes, especially since Krissy agreed to watch Noa. And his name is LeSane and yes as a matter of fact." I corrected him stiffly and swiftly, I'm tired of him disrespecting people as if he's never been poor.

"Cancel 'em. I need a plus one." He demanded.

"Go with Tori." I countered.

"No."

"Then go alone." I shrugged and continued to text LeSane on my phone.

Next thing I know, my phone is snatched out of my hand and swiftly thrown out of the window.

"KAINE!"

He's lucky that he bought me more than one phone.

"You're coming with me tonight and that's final."
..
Kaine

I watched her stomp up the stairs.

I didn't give a fuck.

UPS is jut a distraction.

She needs to focus on the tasks presented to her.

"Be ready in one hour!"  I yelled,

"Shut the fuck up!"

I just laughed, I listened to her conversation,

"Hey, yea the warden has me on lockdown..hold on let me put you speaker."

"Leigh why don't you just leave that nigga where he at? You can stay with me, I have an extra room. How long you gon be out?"

"We're going to a Gala, apparently I'm supposed to accompany him."

"Damn, that's fucked up. See me after?"

"You got it..see you later LeSane. I'm so sorry, I feel so shitty."

"It's okay, it's your job. Just don't stand me up. And as long as your boundaries are respected, I'm happy, because I can't have my girl going out sad."

"Your girl?"

"Yea. You my girl."

"I like that."

I decided to have my own fun.

"Leigh, babygirl.." I said as I knocked softly.

"LeSane, one sec."

She opened the door and looked up immediately.

"I apologize for my actions, but I would really like you to accompany me. Please don't deny me."

She side eyed me, nodding slowly, closing the door.
..
Leigh

Relentless ass niggas.