two | on my way

--
Kaine

I remained secluded in my office, waiting for my phone to buzz--just once.

It never rang.

I finally decided to leave the office and made it home last night at three in the morning. Victoria tried to hop in the car but I called her aggy ass an über.

My pad was quiet and I had no maid, chef, or a live-in anything. My moms was in Bahamas having the time of her life with her side of the family and my stepfather was in Harlem, working as a police officer.

I could cook and clean for myself.

I am admittingly just too lazy to do it.

If I had a lady to cook for—I honestly would.

The only reason I learned was because my moms worked many odd jobs as I was growing up and Pops worked long hours.

We didn't have much money coming in so I made whatever I could and then I had female friends show me the way around a kitchen.

Being a CEO of a company was something of my wildest imagination, that actually materialized.

A harlot from Harlem moving to the shining shores of the west coast was mind blowing.

And I haven't been back since. Niggas be hatin'.

I just didn't like the quietness of living alone.
--
Leigh

"Ma'am. Ma'am!"

I sprouted up and saw top flight security all up in my face. I clutched my pepper spray.

"Yes?"

The security workers looked at me solemnly, I automatically knew what that meant,

"We're sorry but you can't sleep here. We wouldn't want to charge you with trespassing nor loitering."

Shit, at least in jail I'll get a free meal.

I nodded understanding they were just doing their job.

I walked down two blocks to a local gas station and I managed to wash up and get dressed. I had to brush my teeth with my finger because I dropped my damn toothbrush in the John.

I wasn't sure what'd I do with my box but I took out my resumé and other important documents I needed.

Job search here I come!
--

"What do you mean I'm not experienced enough?"

Another door slammed in my face.

"I'm too feminine for the job? Fuck you asshole!"

I slammed that door.

"Please, I need this job."

Another door was slammed in my face—this time.

Nobody needed anyone in IT?

I even tried Buzzfeed and I wasn't 'experienced' enough.

I walked the streets of LA and I caught my reflection; in a raggedy patterned dress, frizzed curly bun and a make up free face.