seventeen | pressure

..

Leigh

This morning, I hopped in the car quickly heading to Starbucks to order coffee for the whole office, remembering everyone's orders by now.

But today I couldn't help but to feel anxious.

What if I ran into LeSane, while running my errands?

What would I say to him? He's usually out and about at this time.

What's the right call here? Do I ignore him? Dap him up? A head nod? A hug or a handshake? I don't know!

I ordered thru the app so it was a quick pick up.

There's no sign of him, I evaded him.

I got my portable cart and rolled it, quickly grabbing my order, "Thanks Nancy!"

I couldn't walk the far walk, I compartmentalized the cart to its cup holder function, I had my new security carry it up to the office.

As I was walking, I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was a man with flowers and a note.

"Leigh C.?"

"Yes."

"From a gentleman."

It was a bouquet of white roses with one single red rose in the center.

"From Dubai, I' apologize for the mistake I made. Meet me?"

"Thank you sir." I ran as fast as I possibly could.

"Kaine. Kaine, Kaine!"

"Hm?"

I busted into his office and he was drinking his coffee calmly, his arms so happened to be opened.

I ran into them.

Kaine

I was just getting off of a call with a business associate and as soon as I was about to sip my coffee, Leigh ran into my office blubbering in fear,

"Leigh, Leigh, what's happening? Young talk to me." I said as I sat my coffee down, holding her in my arms.

"He—he-he's here!"

I noticed a trail of flowers behind her,

"I would think so, he still works around here. He came on to you?"

"No, he delivered flowers.. how'd he know we'd be back? How'd the delivery guy find me?"

"Leigh, sit down."

Leigh

I took a deep breath,

"I promise you that he can't hurt you as long as I'm around. We'll increase your security detail."

"It's not about that Kaine. I'm in love with him and I can't deny I had feelings for the man."

"He knows what time I wake up, lay my head down at night, he knows our history, he knows where you live now, he knows we're getting married.."

"Algorithm?"

I shook my head, smacking my teeth, "No, never. He just knows about my other  skeletons."

"Anything regarding security? Passwords or codes?"

I shook my head, "No."

"How would you like to move forward?"

"I don't know." I broke down,

"You saw what he was capable of."

"I'm capable of worse."
..
LeSane