Chapter 1:

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I unlocked the door to my motel room, looking over my shoulder before heading in, making sure no one was following me. I had almost been jumped by two vamps on the way home. They were pissed that I killed their friends in Omaha. Luckily, I beheaded one of them before they sunk their fangs into me, the other ran off. I was covered in vampire blood, but I had shrugged on a coat that I kept in my car so no one would see the blood and freak their shit.

I took off the coat, tossing it on the bed, stripping off my clothes, tossing them on the floor in a line leading to the bathroom. I started the hot water, taking a makeup wipe to my face, rubbing off the eyeliner, mascara, and blood splatter. Steam rolled out of the shower as I pulled open the door and stepped inside. I had been raised in this life, my family had been hunters since way back in the 1920s. I'm good at what I do and twice as efficient as anyone else.

I deserved a night off. My plan for tonight was to go to the nearest bar and drink until I couldn't walk. Yep, that sounded like fun. I massaged the vanilla cupcake scented shower gel into my body. It smelled good and felt even better. I washed my face and my hair, then shaved my legs, turning off the water and getting out. I wrapped a towel around my body and another around my hair, heading to my suitcase.

I pulled out a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and a black tank top that advertised my love of Metallica. I slid my phone into my back right pocket and my wallet and pocket knife into the other. I put on some eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss, heading out the door. I loaded up into my car. After driving for a while I spotted a bar a little down the road. I pulled into the parking lot, slipping my gun into my waistband just in case. I hopped out, heading inside and sitting at the bar.

"What are you having, little lady?" The bartender asked.

"Whiskey, neat." I spat, not liking his flirty tone. He scoffed and poured it for me, sliding me the glass. I sipped it, taking a deep breath as my troubles melted away.

"I'll have what she's having." A handsome man said, sitting next to me. I turned to look at him, flashing him a smile, immediately intrigued by his dominant presence. "What's your name?" He asked.

"(Y/n)." I said, holding out my hand. He shook it, "Yours?" I asked as he took the drink the bartender handed him.

"Dean." He said. I looked down at his clothes, he was in a loose shirt with a flannel over it and some jeans. "I like your shirt." He said with a smile.

"Yeah, you a Metallica fan?" I asked, mirroring his smile.

"Absolutely." He answered. We chatted for a while. He was charming, his voice was gravelly and hot. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation. He and his brother travelled around a lot like I did, and he showed me his car. His car was a sexy, black Chevy Impala. We headed back into the bar, sharing another drink and exchanging phone numbers.

"Do you want to get out of here and get some food?" I asked.

"What kind of food were you thinking?" He asked

"There's a burger place down the road." I said, "My treat since you bought my last few drinks." I said. He smiled down at me.

"That's a great idea." He muttered. We walked to the burger joint together, still talking. We talked about where we had been, where we wanted to go, what we liked, what we didn't. The longer I talked to Dean, the more I liked him. We sat on opposite sides of a booth. We both ordered a burger and fries and a soda. I sat facing the door out of habit. My eyes widened as I saw a familiar face enter the diner. It was the vampire that got away earlier. I watched her as she scanned the restaurant, not seeing me as I turned my head when she looked my way. Dean noticed my peculiar behaviour.