Chapter 22:

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I climbed down and started the shower. I placed my hands on the sides of the sink, leaning down and stretching my hips. I was such an asshole. Not just for sleeping with the man I love's brother, but also for opening the door and putting Sam in potential danger too. That's the whole reason I broke up with Dean, to keep him and Sam safe, then I turn around and almost put them in danger again. Fuck! I batted everything off the counter, letting it crash into the sink. I heard hurried footsteps coming to the door.

"Are you okay?" I heard Sam ask.

"Yeah, I- I'm fine." I said, pushing my hair back harshly. Sam left the door, getting my signal that I didn't want to talk about it. I left my stuff in the sink, stepping into the shower. The hot water burned my skin, but I liked it. I turned my back to the water, feeling it running down my back. It stung the fresh cuts on my ass. I gritted my teeth and cursed under my breath, bracing myself against the shower wall. I bit my lip, grabbing and uncapping my shower gel. I spread it over my body, massaging it down my sides, trying to clean up the blood. I finished it quickly and moved on to shampoo. I massaged the sweet smelling shampoo into my scalp, the hot water doing nothing to calm my nerves. I just needed to wait until they were out of my house. Until then I could track its kills on paper, try and figure out where it's heading next... a geographical profile, if you will. I quickly finished washing my hair and I climbed out of the shower, shutting off the water and pulling a towel around myself. I exited the bathroom, going out into the living room, finding Sam laying on the couch. "Hey, are you going to sleep?" I asked.

"Yeah." He murmured, watching as I rounded the room, heading to the entryway into the kitchen.

"Take my room." I said, "I know I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight." Sam nodded and stood up from the couch. I knew he wouldn't pass up the offer at a nice warm bed.

"Do you need to get some clothes first?" He asked.

"No," I murmured, shaking my head, "I have some in the dryer." He nodded and got off the couch, headed to my bedroom. I ducked through the kitchen to the laundry room, opening the dryer and sifting through the clothes. I pulled out a comfortable pair of boyshort underwear and an oversize t-shirt that I bought years ago. I tossed the towel into the washing machine and pulled on my underwear and the t-shirt. The shirt hung loosely from my shoulders and billowed down to my mid thighs. I shut the dryer and headed back to the living room, clicking off the tv and pulling down the attic ladder.

I headed up, flicking on the lights and snatching the throw blanket up off the futon. I draped the blanket around my shoulders, sitting at my desk. I pulled out my phone, looking into recent suspicious deaths in the area. I jotted down the ones that piqued my interest, finding kills that seemed similar to the deaths of my brother and law, and their kids. Brutal murders, no witnesses, similar kills. I opened my top desk drawer, pulling out my computer. It was dead. I plugged it in and it sprang to life. I pulled up the notes I took on the deaths of my sister's family that I took when it was still fresh. I jotted down a quick copy of them before pulling up a map of the area. I quickly printed it off, taping it to the wall and grabbing a red marker. I drew circles around the kill spots, seeing that they all circled the same place... My sister's old home. I circled it. Surely the thing wouldn't stay in the same area for no reason- Lana's house must hold some sort of significance to it. I wrote it down before I began researching lore, trying to figure out what the hell this thing could be.

I flicked through website after website, trying to come up with any possible ideas. It staying around Lana's house was definitely odd... I pulled up the reports of the old kills, grabbing a purple marker. I graphed the points of those kills, seeing if they focused around any points. Oddly enough, they did... The kills seemed to circle around an old abandoned mine a few counties over. I bit my lip as I circled it. I remembered Lana saying something about a mine. I turned quickly, allowing my eyes to scan the desk. I had her notebook somewhere. I didn't see it on the desk. I looked through the drawers, not finding it there either. I pulled the desk out from the wall, my eyes finally landing on it. It had fallen back behind the desk.