Chapter 25:

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

My seeing Lana went well. I hadn't realised how much I missed her. I headed out to my car, climbing in and taking the two notebooks out of my pants. Thank god for stretchy waistbands. I took a deep breath, mulling over what Lana had said. She was right. The best way to keep them safe was to tell them the truth. I started my car and headed home. I pulled into my driveway and grabbed my things, heading inside. I looked around at my empty home, pulling out my phone. I felt tears well up in my eyes as the phone rang and I waited. He picked up.

"Hey (Y/n), what's up?" Dean asked. I bit the inside of my cheek, sniffling slightly, "What's wrong?" I looked around. I had put his flannel shirt in the dryer before I left and the cycle had finished.

"I- I think you-" My voice broke as I spoke, "I think you should come over and get your shirt." I whispered.

"I'll be over as fast as I can." He said back. I hung up and began crying harder. I felt terrible for lying to him and fucking his brother. I was a fucking asshole. I loved Dean so much and I had fucked everything up. I sat on the floor in front of the door, trying to wipe the tears away as they fell.

I soon heard a quiet knock on the door. I looked up, my eyes were stinging from my mascara running in them. I stood and opened the door. There stood Dean, he looked concerned.

"(Y/n)?" He asked. I bowed my head and Dean immediately took me into his arms, walking me back into my house and shutting the door behind him. I grabbed fistfuls of his shirt, hugging him tightly. He hugged me back, petting my head gently. I cried into his shirt but he only hugged me tighter. "What's going on?" He asked.

"I've been lying to you." I murmured. He placed a hand on my cheek.

"About what?" He asked.

"I'm hunting something." I whispered, "I- I broke things off because I wanted to keep you safe."

"What are you after?" He asked, gravely. I took a deep breath.

"I think it's the thing that killed Lana's family." Dean stared at me.

"You- you're what?" He asked, "Do you how dangerous that is? How stupid?" I only cried harder and I heard him take a deep breath. "Do you know what it is?" I shook my head. "Why are you telling me this?" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Because I- I need you..." I murmured. I felt terrible as he closed his eyes in an attempt to hide it, but I saw tears well up in his piercing green eyes. He didn't say anything and I felt a hot blush run rampant across my cheeks. "I'm sorry I- I don't know why I-"

"I'll help you." Dean whispered.

"What?" I asked, meeting his eyes.

"I want to help you catch the thing you're after and I know Sam will too." Dean added. I nodded, looking up at him.

"O- Okay." I murmured." I looked around. "Where is Sam, anyway?" I asked.

"He's still in the car." Dean said, "You uh, you sounded worked up on the phone, and I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I reached up, placing my hand on his cheek. He leaned his forehead on mine, taking a few deep breaths. I ran my fingers through his hair, brushing it behind his ear. I thought that he might kiss me, but he pulled back, running his hands down my arms and taking my hands. I squeezed his hands gently.

"I'm sorry." I murmured.

"I should go get Sam." Dean said. I gripped his hands gently, signalling to stay. I stared up into his beautiful eyes, my lips parting as I tried to speak. No words came out. "What is it?" Dean asked.

"I- thank you..." I murmured, "For coming back..." I saw a singular tear roll down his cheek and I reached up, wiping it away with my thumb. He leaned into my hand briefly before pulling away and heading back towards the door. I wiped my own eyes and Dean came back with Sam behind him, carrying his bags. I looked up at Sam, placing my hand on his arm as he passed me. He tossed his bags down on the couch.