Chapter 6:

I hung up the phone and put away my toothbrush, before picking up my bag and leaving the bathroom.

"That sounded like a werewolf." Dean asked.

"Yeah," I started, tossing my bag on the floor and heading over to join him on the couch, "gotta love them. And I'm guessing it's a pack." I said. Dean laid back, laying his head on the throw pillow. I laid on my stomach, laying my head on his muscular chest.

"I take it we're leaving in the morning?" He asked.

"Only if you guys are available." I said.

"Yeah, we're free." Dean murmured. He had dressed himself in a pair of sweatpants and a pair of boxers whose waistband peaked over his pants. I placed my hand tentatively on his side, feeling multiple scars underneath my hand. He placed his hand on my back. He was warm. With his other hand, he reached over, grabbing the blanket and throwing it over us. Moments like this... I relaxed into him, surrounded by Dean's warmth and his scent. Dean smelled like beer and cinnamon... it smelled better than you would assume. His whole person was warm and inviting. He was a sexy, badass, teddy bear, and he was with me.

He had changed a lot since we were kids, but then again, so had I. When we first met he was shy... a lot less sure of himself. But he still held Dean's main components: snarkiness and independence. While he was shy, he would be damned if he asked for help, even when he really needed it. It didn't help that I wasn't the best at reading people at the time, but in retrospect, he wasn't a happy kid. I guess that's why he latched on to me. I had been described as a ray of sunshine for as long as I could remember.

Maybe I was what he needed, I know he was what I needed. He taught me so much about what family meant, about friendship, and about caring deeply for someone. I had a crush on him as soon as I met him. He was adorable and funny, much like he was when we met again a few weeks ago.

I had missed him so much when he left, I hadn't left my room for two weeks. I never thought I would see him again. Over the years I had mostly forgotten about that time in my life, but that feeling stayed in the back of my head, gnawing at me, begging me to find someone I cared about like that again. I had gone through many relationships over the years, none quite gave me the same feeling, but they were good enough. That was, until they weren't. None of them were serious, I had shied away from serious relationships, not wanting to be trapped in something that didn't make me happy. The longer I stayed in a relationship, the more they seemed to sour, like they knew I wasn't all in. I would say I was, but I wasn't. Something about Dean though... he made me fall head over heels.

Maybe we were soulmates... that was ridiculous, I didn't believe in all that fate shit. I enjoyed his company and he enjoyed mine. Somehow we had evolved into a match for the other. Who knew if it was going to last anyway. I hoped it would, I liked him a lot.

"Are you awake?" Dean asked, quietly.

"Yeah, my brain won't turn off." I murmured.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, running his fingers through my hair.

"I don't know, I think I'm mainly worried about Emily." I lied.

"Why? She's a hunter, isn't she?" Dean asked. I chuckled to myself.

"No... She went another direction, she knows what to look for, but she knows to call for backup if there's anything paranormal going on.

"Well what does she do?" He asked. I looked up at him, propping my chin on his chest and meeting his eyes.

"She's in the FBI." Dean looked shocked.

"Really?" He asked, I nodded.

"So we're supposed to work with the real FBI on this?" He asked.