Chapter 21:

Dean's P.O.V.

(Y/n) opened the passenger side door, joining me in her car. I flashed her a sweet smile, but she seemed to be too lost in her own thoughts to notice it. I hoped everything was okay with her mother. She was nice, like I remembered her to be, she looked like (Y/n). They had the same eyes, the same light- though her mother's was a bit dimmer. They spoke the same- and their mannerisms tended to mirror each other. Her mother had the same classic beauty that (Y/n) did, though if I'm being honest she couldn't hold a candle to her daughter's beauty.

"You don't look better." I murmured, starting the car.

"I think it's just my anxiety leaving." She assured me. I didn't believe her, but I didn't push it. I pulled out of the driveway and out onto the road. I glanced over at her a few times, seeing her staring blankly down at the floorboard.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her.

"What?" She asked, looking over at me.

"The only reason you stop yapping for 5 minutes is because you're thinking about something, so what is it?" I asked. I noticed a smile cross her beautiful pink lips.

"I- I don't know, I think we should talk..." She murmured, turning to stare out the window. I pulled onto the road her house sat on and looked over at her.

"... About?" I asked.

"About us..." She murmured. I pulled into her driveway and parked, looking over at her.

"Okay, go ahead." I said, assuming she thought we were moving too fast... I readied myself for the possibility that she wanted to backtrack. From the way Will referred to me as a boytoy, I assumed the word boyfriend might have made her uncomfortable.

"I think we should talk inside." She murmured, getting out of the car. I got out of the car too and headed up to the door, unlocking it for her and placing her keys on the end table. I peeled off my coat and hung it on the coat hanger and she did the same. I turned to her, looking down and meeting her eyes. "Dean..." She murmured, looking up at me.

"Yes?" I asked. I saw her face go paler than it was before. She parted her lips slowly.

"I- I think we should break up..." She looked genuine. She wouldn't joke about something like this... I felt my heart break into a million pieces as my eyes searched her face.

"What?" I asked. I was at a loss for words... This wasn't happening... this couldn't be happening.

"I- I'm sorry, I just- I don't think I can do this... anymore..." She murmured. I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

"You don't want to be with me?" I asked.

"I- I- Of course I do! I just-" Tears streamed down her face and I felt tears welling up in my own eyes. She looked away from me and I looked down at the floor. Without a second thought, I got down on my knees, gazing up into her beautiful eyes.

"You asked me before if I would kneel for you and I told you the answer was yes..." I said, staring up at her. I took her hand in mine and she bit her lip staring down at me. "I love you more than anyone else." I murmured.

"Dean, please don't do this..." She said, squeezing my hand.

"I'm sorry if I did anything-"

"Dean, stop." She pleaded, "Please..." I bowed my head and stood, looking down into her beautiful eyes. She placed her hand on my cheek gently. Her hand was soft. "I'm so sorry..." She added, I felt tears fall from my eyes. I leaned down, pressing my lips to hers one last time. Our tears tasted salty... I felt her pull back, and lean her forehead on mine.