ten

Tonight at the bar feels like it's been dragging on. It's honestly been the longest day.

I spent the first half of the day in the studio with them as they finished the song.

Now, I'm at the bar with Logan, working our asses off. As I gave someone a Whiskey Sour, I see someone come to the bar.

I smile when I see it was Colby, and he was with Sam. I smiled as I went over towards them.

"Hey, guys. I wasn't expecting you two here." I speak up. Since we had a dj and it's crowded, it's super loud in here.

They looked at each other and shrugged. "It's been too long." Sam spoke up to me.

I looked at the two and smiled a little. "You want your usual?" They both nodded their heads towards me.

I make their usual's and give it to them. "You look exhausted." Colby pointed out which made me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I've been at the studio with Logan all day." I nod my head over in his direction.

I look at Logan to see him pouring a drink. He looked exhausted with his dark circles.

He looks over at me and shakes his head. He hands the girl his drink and almost comes over to me.

He sees who I'm talking to and looks away. "Wait, are you serious about managing this band?" Sam asked surprised.

I nodded my head towards them. "I mean, I can't work at the bar forever. And I've been learning a lot." I shrug towards them.

Colby watches me as he drinks on his Rum and Coke. "That's dope though, hopefully everything goes well." Sam hypes me up.

The two hung out at the bar for a while. Sadly, we did have to close the bar so we had to get everyone out.

We cleaned the bar and eventually left. I was so happy to be going home to my bed.

Once home, I change, and lay down. I fall asleep right when my head hit the pillow.

Sadly, I wasn't asleep for long. Someone was knocking on my door. I check the time to see it was four thirty.

Nice, two hours of sleep. I groan while getting out of bed. I just want to go to sleep.

When I open the door, I wasn't expecting to see my brother standing there, sobbing.

He was still wearing his uniform so I guess he just got off. "Nolan, what's wrong?" I ask as he walks inside.

I closed the door and turned around to look at him. I've rarely seen him cry so I know this must be serious.

"It's dad." He sobbed. I haven't seen him crying over my dad since he was eight or nine. What the fuck is going on?

Am I still sleeping? "Just calm down and tell me what's going on." I move him over to my couch.

He calmed down for a moment and then started explaining the situation to me.

He said that they got a call that a couple people called about someone passed out in a corner.

When they got there, he was laying the same way. I could see him tearing up again.

"When I got closer, that's when I realized it was dad." He spoke while remembering back.

I was quiet while he spoke. "He had a needle in his arm, Ashton. He overdosed." I purse my lips while looking at him.

"He's overdosed several times from what mom said." I remind him. He started shaking his head towards me.