twenty-two

"We're Sunset Curve, and we hope you all enjoy the show." Logan smiled when he spoke into the microphone.

Things between me and Logan haven't been the best. You can feel the strain between us in the room.

I know I told the boys that I would talk to him, but the fact he got pissed at me going back to Colby pisses me off.

We've only talked about band related stuff and that's it. I stood behind the bar while I watched the boys start playing.

Colby's in his usual spot, watching Logan with a clenched jaw. "I think I can take him in a fight." He turned to look at me.

I shook my head towards him. "You're not fighting him." I remind him. He shakes his head while he turns back around.

I spent most of the set giving people their drinks. I occaisonally gave them waters whenever they asked.

When they finished one of their songs, they took a quick water break. "I'll like to play a new song I recently wrote." Logan spoke.

I furrowed my eyebrows towards Logan. He didn't tell me about a new song.

He glanced at me before he said anything else. "It's about someone I know. I hope you all enjoy it."

He looked at the boys and they started playing notes I've never heard before. I was so intrigued, I almost forgot I was at the bar.

"Why do you look at me like that? Your eyes say things they can't take back. Feels good, feels right, it don't help." He sings.

I glance at Peyton to see she's looking at me confused too. What is this song about?

The next line he sings is about how he hates that his arm is around the girls neck.

That's when it hits me, is he talking about me? There's no way he could be talking about me.

"In a different place and time, maybe in another life. I bet that baby you and I would have worked." He looked over at me.

"We never got the chance to try and what makes it worse is you would've loved me if you met me first." He sang as he stared.

There's no denying anything now. Logan has feelings for me. This song is about me, and he's playing it in front of everyone.

I looked over at Colby to see he was fuming. I don't think I've ever seen him this mad.

The rest of the song is about how he loves me, but won't take me from Colby, and he's upset about it.

When the song finished, everyone started clapping and cheering. "This shouldn't be good." Luke said standing on the other side of me.

"I'm gonna beat his fucking ass." Colby angrily threatened. I could feel my chest rising and falling really fast.

This isn't going to end well. "Colby." I say calmly. From what I can see, his jaw is clenched and his hands are in a fist.

They said they were going on a break so we turned some music on for the next ten minutes.

The boys get off the stage and head over towards me. "It's going to be okay." Luke reassured me.

Logan walked towards us, a small smirk on his face. "Nice song you played, you ass." Colby mocked Logan.

I wish Colby wouldn't say anything, but I know he's going to since he's been drinking and it's been building up.

"Glad you liked it knowing it's how I feel." He shrugged. Colby stood up from the stool he was sitting on.

He went over and got into Logan's face. "Stay away from Ashton." He threatened.

I could hear Logan chuckle a little bit. "Kinda hard when she's our manager." Logan came back.

Kaiden put his hand on Logan's shoulder but Logan shrugged it away.

"Should I get Cody?" Peyton whispered in my ear. I nodded my head as she walked away to get him.

They argued for a little bit but Cody eventually came and broke it up. Logan made him promise to stay away from Colby which pissed him off.

"Aren't you gonna kick him out?" Logan asked while Cody shook his head no.

"Unless he physically assaults you, I can't do anything." He shrugs. Logan groans while Cody walks away.

He glares over at Colby as Colby smirked towards him. "This isn't over." It was time for them to get on stage again so they left.

I can't believe they're fighting over me. We have Logan, who's became my closest friend during these past couple of months.

Then there's Colby. He's helped me with so much stuff during the past year. Colby's the one who brought me out of my shell.

Something always brought me to Colby, and I think it's because we're soulmates.

Maybe if I did meet Logan first, it would be different. Colby got here first though so it's going to be him.

The rest of the night, nothing else happened, which I'm thankful for. Everyone left the bar when it closed but the band and everyone else.

"That wasn't cool what you did." I tell Logan when the two of us are alone. He looks at me like he doesn't believe that I said that.

"Oh come on, Ashton. He was a dick to me first." He pointed out. I looked at him to see he was in disbelief.

I shook my head while I continued to wipe the bar. "Yeah, but why'd you sing that song?" I ask curious.

I'll admit it's a good song, but it was over the line since it was about me, and I'm into Colby.

"Cause I'm in love with you, Ashton!" He admits towards me. I sigh as I look up at him.

"Logan." I try to say but he started shaking his head. "Look, I know you love Colby and everything but I'm the better choice."

Was he begging for me? "Logan, you don't understand. He was always there for me. It's always going to be him." I tell him.

He looked at me disappointingly and shook his head. "Was I right though? That if you met me first, you would've fallen for me?" He asked.

I sigh while I nodded my head. "Maybe, in another universe we could've been something. But in this one, it's Colby." I say.

I feel bad for hurting Logan like this. He just has to know I'm going to choose Colby every time.

"Can we still be friends?" I ask hopeful. He exhaled a deep breath and nodded his head.

"I guess being friends with you will be better than not having you at all." He frowned.

I'm thankful we got to sit here and talk about it. We cleaned the bar together and left.

I was driving back to my apartment since Colby was staying the night there.

When I walk in, he was sitting on the couch eating an ice cream bar.

"Hey, Hulk. You still pissed?" I asked sitting on the couch with him.

He rolled his eyes towards me. "A little bit. Did you talk to him?" Colby asked as I nodded my head.

"He admitted to being in love with me." Colby swallowed deeply while looking at me.

"And, do you love him back?" He asked curiously. I sigh while looking at him.

I tried to hide it, but I knew I wasn't able to. I place my hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"It's you, it's always going to be you."