thirteen

I walk into the traphouse to laughter. It was amazing to hear that sound. I walk into the living room to see that's where we're watching the game.

"Ashton!" Everyone cheered when I walked in. I smiled a little bit while I looked at everyone.

Everyone was here, even Nolan. He's been doing better since our fathers passing.

I'm just happy he's getting out again. He's currently talking to Zander and Peyton on the couch.

I went over and sat down with the girls. "Hopefully, I'm not too late, I was with the band." I accidentally lost track of time.

They all shrugged me off. "You didn't miss anything." Kat whispered in my ear. I laughed a little as I looked over at Sam.

"Why don't you invite them?" I looked at Sam with surprise on my face. Stas was nodding her head in agreement.

"Wait, really?" I ask surprised. He nodded his head. He was sitting on the other side of Kat.

"Why not? I mean, you're part of the group again and they seem cool." He suggested. Everyone boasted that I should invite them.

Everyone but Colby. I looked over at the brunette to see him staring at me.

He was looking at me softly. I swallowed deeply while I looked around at everyone.

"Just invite them. You can't hide them forever." Nolan did have a point.

I sigh as I pull my phone out. "I'll go give Logan a call." I get up and walk towards the foyer.

I looked at Colby before leaving, our eyes meeting. I swear, it's like he's begging me to not call him.

I click on his number and bring my phone to my ear. It starts to ring as I get to the foyer.

He answers it on the second ring. "Everything okay, Ash?" He asked sweetly.

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see it. "Yeah, I was wondering if you and the guys wanted to come over." I was a little hopeful.

They were quiet for a moment so I assume they were talking. "Like, come over to Colby's?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah, you don't have to if you don't want to, but I figured I'd ask since you guys are down the road." I tell him honestly.

It was quiet for another moment. "Yeah, we'll be there in a moment." I smiled to myself.

We shared our goodbyes and hung up. I waited for them in the foyer. When I heard them knock on the door, I went over to it.

I opened the door, the four boys smiling. "Hey, you can come in." I step inside so they can walk in.

They all walked in, scanning the area. "Are you sure it's okay we're here?" Kaiden asked worriedly.

I nodded as I took them towards the living room. Everyone was in conversation when I walked back in there, the boys following behind.

When they saw me come in, they instantly got quieter. "Hey, this is the band guys." I introduce everyone they don't know.

Nick, Patrick, and Kaiden started talking to Sam about the house and how dope they think it is.

Logan went over to Luke and started talking about the game. I looked over at Colby to see him pouting towards his lap.

I went over and sat down next to him. "Are you okay?" I ask him. He looks up at me, trying to hide his feelings.

"I'm fine." He lied. That's the thing, I can always tell when he's lying. "Colby, you're with friends and you're sitting here sulking." I point out.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly. I didn't want to bring attention to either one of us.

He scrunches his nose up towards me. "I'll be okay, don't worry about me." He tells me.

Right as I'm about to say something, someone comes walking over towards me.

I look up to see it was Logan. "Hey, I just wanted to thank you for inviting us over last minute." Logan rose his hand up to dab him up.

Colby stood up, almost towering over Logan. I'm getting a weird vibe from this.

"You can thank Sam, I couldn't care less if you were here or not."

Colby pushed past Logan, making him stumble back. I watched Colby walk out in shock.

Logan turned over towards me, confusion on his face. "What was that about?" He asked coming over towards me.

I don't know what Colby's deal is and why he's acting like this. I looked at Logan to see he's deeply in thought.

The more I thought of it, the more mad it made me. Logan hasn't done anything to Colby for him to act like that.

"I'm sorry. I'm gonna see what's wrong with him." I get off the couch and head toward Colby's room.

His door was shut so I knocked on it. "Leave me alone." I heard him say. I rolled my eyes and opened the door anyway.

He was laying in bed when I closed the door. "I'm not trying to be a dick, but what's wrong with you?" I ask him.

He buries his head farther into the pillow. I sat on the edge of the bed, looking at the boy.

"Cole." I bring up his real name. He moved his head over towards me so he looked at me.

"Why does everyone love him?" He asked causing me to look at him strangely.

I asked him what he meant by that and he shrugged towards me, sitting up.

As he sat there silent, that's when it hit me. "Colby, are you jealous?" I ask him.

He pursed his lips towards me, signaling that he is. I looked at him with shock all over my face.

"Why are you jealous?" I ask him softly. I could tell he was scared to look at me.

He shrugs while softening up a little bit. "He's talented. He has a band, he can play guitar and sing, he's a decent dancer." He listed off.

He looked at me softly. "How could you not fall in love with that?" He admits to me. He looks at me sadly.

I scoot closer to him, putting my head on his shoulder. I place my hand on his knee while we sit there in silence.

"He's not you." I admit towards him. We sat up in his room for a little bit, enjoying each other's presence.

Even though Colby hurt me, he's proved that he wants me in his life. There's just something about him that always pulls me into him.

That's when I start thinking about it. Logan's a good guy. I love spending time with him.

Even if he did look at me romantically, I don't look at him the same way.

Colby's the one who was there for me. He's helped me through so much, especially after my dad passed.

The two of us have an unspeakable bond, no matter what happens to us, we come running back.

They say if you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it was always yours. If not, then it never was.

The perfectly describes both me and Colby. I'm pretty sure Colby's my soulmate.

We're always finding a way to each other. I sigh while bringing my head back up.

"We better get back down there before they start to worry." He nods his head a little.

"Promise to be nice?" I raise my pinky up for a promise. He looked at it for a moment and then interlocked our fingers.

"For you."