seventeen

Things with me and Logan have been strange this past week. He doesn't want to admit that what he did at the party was wrong.

And then he got mad at me because I stood up for Colby. We didn't talk for a whole day when we first fought.

But because I had to help them with a gig, I had to talk to him. We kept it professional so we wouldn't get another fight.

I think Kaiden, Nick, and Patrick all noticed because I noticed they were eyeing us.

They asked if we were okay when we were alone. I didn't want them to worry with the drama, so I told them we were.

I was currently in the garage with them now, waiting for Logan to show up. They wanted to practice for their gig tomorrow night.

"He's usually never this late." Kaiden pointed out. I sit up on the couch, starting to get nervous.

"Can we kick someone out of the band?" Nick asked curiously. We all look at him with confused faces.

"For being late?" Kaiden questioned his thinking. Nick shrugs while looking at us.

I look over at Patrick to see him shaking his head. "You're lucky you can play bass." He laughed.

The door opened up revealing Logan. He didn't look too good. He had dark circles under his eyes while his hair was a mess.

I sat up a little so I look at him better. Even though we weren't on the best of terms right now, I was worried about him.

"You look awful dude." Nick spoke up about his appearance. Logan rolled his eyes while grabbing his guitar.

"Couldn't sleep. I'm alright." He shrugged it off while putting the strap on his shoulder.

We all looked at each other and shrugged. You could tell Logan was off during the whole practice.

He kept messing up the words and playing the wrong notes. After an hour of trying to play, he groaned in frustration.

"I need some air." He forcefully takes his guitar off and sits it down. We all watch him go outside the garage.

I sigh while shaking my head, getting off the couch. I followed him outside to see he's kicking rocks.

"What's up rockstar?" I ask walking over towards him. He barely looks over towards me.

I could tell he was aggravated with himself. "You guys are pissed off with me aren't you?" He asked me.

I furrow my eyebrow towards him. "Why would we be mad at you?" I ask him.

He shrugs while finally looking up at him. "I'm messing everything up." I looked at him sadly.

I hate how we got into this fight. "You're not messing everything up. Everyone has off days." I assure him.

I could see his chest rise and fall. "I miss us being friends. I'm sorry that I've been a douchbag recently." He frowns.

I could tell how geniune he was in his voice. I frown while looking down at my feet.

"It's okay, I've missed you too." I tell him honestly, a small smile forming on his face.

He looks at me softly. "Are we okay?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, come here dork." I opened my arms up.

He wraps me up in a hug and embraces me. He smells like a mixture of sweat and cologne.

"Come on, let's go back in there." The rest of the practice went really well.

You can tell Logan was feeling a lot better which made him play a lot better.

Around seven, they decided to end the practice. "You guys got any plans tonight?" Patrick asked as we gathered our stuff.

"I'm going over to Sam and Colby's. We're having a movie night." I answer him.

Logan stiffened up when I mentioned Colby but quickly let loose. We all hang around for a few minutes and make our separate ways.

I walk over towards Sam and Colby's and let myself in. Right when I walk in, I could hear Colby and Kat arguing.

I wonder what this could be about. When I walk into the movie room, they were arguing.

"What the fuck is going on?" I ask grabbing their attention. "Colby wants to watch a bunch of horror movies in the middle of March!"

I look at him with wide eyes. "I'm just in the mood!" He informs me. I just sigh while I sit down in one of the chairs.

"I do love my horror movies." I shrug leaning towards Colby's side. He pointed at me like he was agreeing with me.

Sam walks in with two big things of candy. "I thought you were turning a movie on?" Sam asked looking in between the two.

"They've been arguing this whole time." I laugh a little bit. He doesn't even look surprised.

After arguing for a couple minutes, we figured we could have a horror movie night.

We turned the lights off and started watching It. I honestly loved watching this movie, it's so good.

I read the books in high school and fell in love with the series. We were all quiet while we watched the movie.

I could see Kat occasionally jump which would make me laugh a little. We ended up watching both It movies, which I loved.

After we watched It chapter two, we started the open house on Netflix. I've never seen it so I didn't really know what to expect.

I get under the blanket and lean my head on Colby's shoulder. "If you want, you can rest your head on my chest." He whispers in my ear.

It shivers down my spine. I didn't want to at first. But the thought of hearing his heartbeat and feeling the heat from his chest draws me in.

I scoot closer towards him and rest my head on his chest. I almost forgot how much I enjoyed this.

It just feels so good being in his arms, so good and safe, like home. There were a couple parts of the movie that made me jump.

Even though it did, it was a good movie. As we were watching the next one, I could feel myself start to get tired.

My eyes started feeling heavy as I laid there. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

"You two seem pretty close again." I could hear Kat tell Colby. He was rubbing my back.

I could feel him inhale a deep breath. "Yeah, this time feels different though." He speaks softly.

It's like he doesn't want to wake me up. "What do you mean?" Sam spoke up, curiously in his voice.

"I don't know. I think she's still a little scared to let me in." Colby spoke from his mind.

It was quiet for a moment. "I think she's also falling for Logan too and it scares the shit out of me." He speaks.

I could hear Kat gasp a little. "What makes you say that?" Sam asked his best friend.

Colby sighed again, his chest moving up and down. "The way she acts around him, it was the same way with me."

If only Colby knew he had it all wrong. I'm not falling for Logan, not at all.

Don't get me wrong, I love Logan. He's an amazing guy. He's just not who I want to be with.

I see Logan as my brother, nothing else. Even if I was into him, he's not into me like that.

There's just something about Logan that he doesn't have.

He's not Colby.