Chapter 4 : The start

"Meaning to say that you're magically in love with Haruto?, do you think that I would be honestly believing that excuse? The both of you haven't been literally interacting with each other for these past years and all of a sudden I caught you making out", Jihoon rolled his eyes, vehemently in disbelief, boring his eyes on Haruto. 

Junkyu heavily sighs, mustering his courage to convince his doubtful best friend. He holds Jihoon's hands massaging them, "Look Jihoon, I'll be quite frank about this, promise me that you'll never tell anyone please?", Junkyu genuinely pleads, contrastingly Jihoon's expression softens, nodding his head. 

The two best friends huddled, making sure no one was listening to them, even in Haruto's eyes, the guy felt stuffy feelings seeing how close Junkyu and Jihoon's intimacy was, slightly angering him. 

"My relationship with Haruto is completely fake, it's just for show", Junkyu starts, "Kyu, you know how intelligent you are, why settle for this kind of agreement?", venom spewing out from Jihoon's mouth. 

"No, I am aware of what situation I got in Jihoon. You see I am returning an important favor by dealing with him, don't worry that'll be beneficial for me and Haruto, in addition, this is a mere contract between the both of us, the moment one of us catches feelings for each other, hence the contract is immediately dissolved", Junkyu thoroughly explained, waiting for his reply.

"This is too much for me Kyu, you do know that by doing this you are jeopardizing yourself. I mean, one can definitely catch feelings, this is something serious and as your best friend I am concerned for you. What if you get hurt in the process?", Jihoon evinced a sullen mood. "I bought this upon myself, there's no turning back Hoonie, let's just see how things go. Promise me that you'll play along?", Junkyu looks at his best friend, he knew too well that he had his own manner of convincing others, Jihoon was no exception. 

"Fine, but you have to be transparent with me, personally I do think that Haruto has something for you, just a hunch", Jihoon scoffs pursing his lips, Junkyu rejoices, pulling him into an embrace, disregarding the fuming Haruto from afar. 

In Haruto's eyes, it was the opposite, absentmindedly stabbing his food using his chopstick, he grunts, harshly munching his food, still glaring at the two. "Wow, it hasn't been a few minutes after making out with me now he's flirting with Jihoon? so much for being his fiancé. Right in front of me?", Haruto cusses, clenching his hands, his friends noticed the change in his behavior. Asahi observed his movement, before confronting him. 

"Ruto, what's the matter?, you seem troubled", Asahi questions him, Haruto faces the elder, shrugging his shoulder, "It's nothing, I am hungry", after making up an excuse, Asahi wondered why Haruto was staring at Junkyu and Jihoon, it has been in the same way for several years.

Numerous times, Asahi would witness Haruto discreetly glancing at Junkyu, he then concluded that his friend showed interest in the beaming president. He agrees at the thought of Haruto genuinely fancying someone deserving of him, "Ruto, why don't you approach Junkyu properly?, not to mention you drove him to school right?, so what's the catch?", the colors in Haruto's face disappeared due to Asahi's constant questioning. 

"It's a long story, news flash Kim Junkyu is my fiancé", finishing his statement, Asahi almost choked on his food, slapping the back of Haruto. "Hey, what was that for?", Haruto complained, "For your information, the both of you appeared to hate each other's guts, now how did you end up being his fiancé? moreover doesn't Junkyu hate you in some sort?", his curious friend muttered, sipping his coffee.