Chapter 6 : Rivalry?

"God Junkyu how long will you avoid Haruto?, it's been a week!", Jihoon complained flicking Junkyu's forehead. Apparently, Junkyu asked their coordinator to send Haruto along with Yedam and Doyoung to a convention for one whole week, regarding their upcoming festival.

"Junkyu you have been restless though, frequently asking about Haruto, why did you make last-minute changes in the representative selection when your injury is getting stable?", Jeongwoo squinted his eyes at him. "Believe me, Woo, Junkyu here has issues ever since the paint incident of Haruto. I wonder what happened between the both of you. I am sure you and Haruto did something, well you're his fiancé which explains a lot", side-eyed Jihoon, crossing his arms.

A blush appeared on Junkyu's face, fanning himself. "There you go again, you're a blushing tomato Kyu, I have the sudden urge to pounce on you right now. Stop being a baby and man up, avoiding Haruto isn't going to solve your situation", sighed Jihoon, leaning his head on Jeongwoo's shoulder.

"Please Haruto has been bothering me besides Asahi, Yoshi, and Mashiho. He keeps pestering us to report your condition to him, what am I your bodyguard for Pete's sake. Just deal with your lovesick fiancé for once, it is affecting us honestly", Jeongwoo deadpans sulking at Junkyu.

It wasn't long enough for Junkyu to swallow his pride and sent a text message to Haruto, awkwardly asking him to restrain from badgering the others about his condition, instead he offered to update Haruto by himself if it helps the worried Japanese to be at peace. 

"There happy? I sent it now", Junkyu shoves his phone in Jeongwoo and Jihoon's faces. "Geez, you're too in denial", Jihoon retorted back. "Just get married already", Jeongwoo muttered causing Junkyu to spit his drink on his face. 

"What the heck!, if you're going to spit on Jeongwoo's face why bother to needlessly involve me. Yuck!", Jihoon throws a paper cup at Junkyu's face. The three individuals repeatedly bantered mercilessly.

Up to the brim of their day, Junkyu stopped in his tracks upon Hyunjin's appearance. The younger greeted him properly, smiling widely. Being kept under surveillance by Jihoon and Jeongwoo, Junkyu moves over slightly tugging on Hyunjin's arms. 

Too busy murmuring to themselves, the two individuals conversed as Junkyu successfully removed Hyunjin from their sight, the elder furrowed his eyebrows at the younger's behavior, tapping his shoulder. "Junkyu why did you have to pull me?", Hyunjin looked at him in a confused manner. 

"Uh, it's nothing sunbae, I just wanted us to have an appropriate space that's all, by the way why were you looking for me?", Junkyu softly said, fidgeting with his fingers. "I came here to ask whether you would want to watch a piano recital this coming Saturday, you see my friend will be there and I kind of mentioned that you were a big fan of classical music", Hyunjin awkwardly scratches the back of his head, shifting his gaze from the younger.

"I am free this Saturday, in fact, I would like to thank you for inviting me", Junkyu giddily grins, bowing. "Oh you have something here", Hyunjin fixes Junkyu's ruffled hair, his eyes in a thin line due to smiling widely. 

"So I guess it's set then?, oh, by the way, should I inform your fiancé that we will be going out?, he might get the wrong idea", Hyunjin clarifies, observing the younger. 

"It's not necessary, we are only hanging out though. I don't see any problem with that", Junkyu nonchalantly replied, disregarding the elder's statement.

"Well if you say so, I'll see you around! Oh may I get your number?, it'll be easier to reach you, I think I have been frequently stopping by your room. I don't want to cause any misconceptions", explained Hyunjin. The younger excitedly gave his number, bidding goodbye to the elder, proceeding to go back to where Jeongwoo and Jihoon were.