Part 4

NB: I read that naval aviation school took at least 18-24 months. In this part, i skipped a few months so it's their 2nd year already.
————————————————————————————

Summer's PoV
I can't believe it's my 2nd year already, and i also can't believe that i'm gonna graduate by the end of the year. Time flies.
I've been dating hangman for a couple months now, he's good but hangman being hangman, he's so flirty towards almost everyone. Rooster keep on telling me that he's not good for me and that i deserve better.
I'm going to the bar with the others tonight, we're just gonna hang out.

My phone rang and it's hangman calling.
"Hey pretty. I'm sorry but i guess i can't go tonight, i'm not feeling great. I guess i'm just gonna rest and sleep early. Is that okay?" He asked with a pleading tone.

"Oh, do you want me to come over and bring some food? maybe some soup? anything you need."

"No, no need to babe. Thanks anyway, have fun tho. I'm gonna hang up now, bye love."

My gut kinda tells me that something's not right. But hangman has changed, he's been nice, very nice and sweet. Maybe i'll just come over later tonight after the bar. Since hangman's not coming i'll need a ride, i'll ask phoenix first.

I called pheonix but when she pick up i can hear that she's already at the bar.

"Hey Angie, where are you? i'm at the bar already."

"I just wanted to ask of you could give me a lift, but you're already there. Is rooster there already?"

"Yeah he's here, he's playing pool. I'll ask him if he could pick you up, i'm sure he'll be happy to."

"Yes please ask him. I don't want to be a bother but my car is at hangman's."

"No problem. I'll text you if rooster's on his way there. See ya in a bit."

"Thanks pheonix."

Not long after, rooster himself called me and told me to get ready and that he's on his way.
I really love how he's always there for me. The other girl from class confessed her feelings to rooster, but rooster said that he likes someone else. Who could that be? I zoned out in my own thought when I hear someone knocking my door. I think that's Bradley.

"Coming, just a second."

I turned off the light, grab my bag and open the door.

"Hey Bradley, thankyou for picking me up." I gave him a quick hug.

"Anytime. But where's hangman? isn't he supposed to go with you?"

We talked while walking to his car.

"He said that he's not feeling well and wanted to rest. Kinda strange cause he looked fine at today's practice."

"Hmm, don't get me wrong but i guess there's something here. Remember that girl that i turned down? She wasn't at the bar either, pheonix said that she's busy with something. And as i remember she never missed any kind of hang out before. Maybe it's just a coincidence but idk."

"I also feel that something's fishy when he called, but i don't want to think negatively. Maybe we could come over and bring him some soup later tonight?"

"Sure, no problem. I'll take you there."

We are finally at his car and he start to drive. Have i mentioned before that i love seeing him drive? especially when he's inside the cockpit. We used to fly double, with him being the pilot, but cyclone considered that as a waste of my talent and make me a solo pilot just like rooster and hangman. I think he's right tho, ever since i fly solo, i almost always beat rooster who's the best between us all. Well, what can i say, i got my dad's talent.

It's not a long drive to the bar. When we arrive we play pool, we play dart, and rooster also play the piano and the whole bar sing together. It was so much fun.

We had so much fun when i realized it's 11 pm already, i told bradley that we should get going. We said our goodbyes to the other and go buy some soup for hangman.

When we arrive in front of his house, i can see another car parked.

"Listen, if anything happens, i'll be here for you." Bradley said.

I nodded and smiled at him.

Maybe it's just his friend, maybe they're just watching movies and play video games like always.

I knocked but there's no answer so i took the spare key that he always put inside the potted plant next to his door. Rooster's waiting at the front door.

I went inside and see there's nobody in the living room. So i walked upstairs to his room but i hear something that i never wanted to hear. There's a girl with him inside, and she sounds familiar. Yeah, she's the girl that bradley turned down.

I slammed the door open and they both are surprised. Bradley ran inside, i guess because he heard the slammed door.

He was ready to kick hangman's ass but i hold him back.

(this is how i imagined bradley's expression)————————————————————————

————————————————————————

I walked inside and said , "well, someone's not sick anymore. Here's some soup, and we're over. Jerk."
I threw the soup to both of them, they're both lucky the soup's not hot anymore.

"Oh, i'm fucking glad that bradley rejected you. You're just a hoe and you don't deserve him." I said to her

"Wait, summer. I can explain."

Bradley stopped him and said, "explain what, asshole? just stay the fuck away from her or i'd be happy to beat you up."

"Who the hell are you? you're just her friend that's too afraid to actually admit your feeling. Stop interfering."

Bradley punched him and hangman nearly punched him back but i stepped in and took the hit. It was hard and i wasn't prepared so i fell and my body hit the door quite hard.

"Summer, you okay? lets get you out of here." Bradley said picking me up.

"Summer, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

I didn't hear the rest because bradley already took me outside. Yay another heartbreak.