Part 9

Skip to graduation day
———————————————————————————

Summer's PoV
I can't believe it's finally graduation day and i'm finally gonna be a naval aviator. I really wish that they'll send me to top gun, but dad said the invitation will come randomly with no specific timing. Well i can only hope.

I've been dating rooster for at least 8 months, everything's great, he's been the best boyfriend ever. We still live separately but recently he asked me to move in with him after we graduate and i started to think that it's time.

Me and hangman are friends, we've put everything behind us and he's actually not a bad friend after all. Phoenix is still single and she's happy so i'm happy for her. As for Sarah, she's out from the academy, nobody knows why she's out, what we know is she just left one day without saying a word to any of us. I hope she's okay out there.

I'm currently getting ready for graduation, the academy gave us our official uniform, it's black and look so formal but so cool at the same time. I graduate best of class and have to do a short speech later, i've prepared my speech but i'm still so nervous because i'm never the type that likes to draw attention to myself.

I put my hair in a sleek low bun, do a little make up so that i'll look good on photos. Rooster gonna pick me up in 10 minutes and then we'll go together. I still can't believe that my best friend is now my boyfriend and that we've dated for a while now. Mav is so happy when he found out about us.

I got lost in my own thought when Rooster knocked my door.

"I'm coming, wait a sec"

I opened the door and see him looking so handsome in his uniform.

"You look good, boyfriend."

"So do you, my lady."

"Ooh, someone's a gentleman today."

"I am always a gentleman to you." He smirked at me.

"I know you are, that's why i love you." I said back and also giving him a kiss.

We walked hand in hand to the hall, sadly we have to sit separately because i sit at the front row because i'm gonna give some speech.

"I'm gonna miss you." He said to me

"I'm only a few row away and you literally can still see me from your seat. But i'm gonna miss you too anyway."

We hugged each other when phoenix and hangman approached us.

"Okay, okay we get it. Lovebirds. It's not like you two are gonna be away from each other forever."Hangman said

"Oh let them be. You're just jealous because sarah dumped you." Phoenix said back

"Yeah whatever." Hangman said and walk away.

"Well he hasn't changed." Phoenix said

"Yeah, still an ass." Rooster said back.

"Okay, i guess we better sit now. Bye guys, see you after the ceremony. We should take pictures together." I said to both of them.

The graduation ceremony started not long after. All our instructors walked in and sat on stage. Cyclone come up first and congratulate us all, and then Mav come up and gave his speech. And it's finally my turn.

"I congratulate you all for graduating naval aviation academy, and now you're all officially naval aviators. You're all good pilots but one of you successfully graduated best of class, Angie Mitchell, callsign Summer, please come forward." Cyclone said followed by big applause from everyone.

I walked to stage, my heart beat so fast. I've never felt this nervous.  Before i started, i can see Rooster and the others, they waved and smiled at me.

I took a deep breath and start my speech

"Hello everyone, I'm summer. First, i want to thank cyclone, for giving me the opportunity to speak up here. I am very honored to be here today, as a  representative of this year's class, i'd like to say thankyou to all the instructors and teachers for making us who we are today.

Wow, we're finally naval aviators.
I thankyou all my classmates. As students and friends, we've made many memories together, some are good and some are bad, most of which we can now look back upon and laugh.
We went through so much, we all now it hasn't been easy this past 2 years, we often faced to near death situation, but look, we made it.
I also want to thank my bestest friend, phoenix. Thankyou for being there for me anytime. And also Rooster, thankyou for anything that you've done for me. And lets not forget my amazing dad, Maverick.

Fellow aviators, i may not now you long enough but i can say that i know you long enough to know that each and everyone of you are talented and will achieve many great things. I'm looking forward to working with you all.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "the best way to predict your future is to create it."
Whatever happens in the future, never let anybody direct your path and say that you're not good enough. Choose your own path, make mistakes, be better, be good, be confident and do your best in everything. One thing you should never forget is to stop once in a while and look around because life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop, you might miss some good things in life.

I'm counting on seeing you conquer life in your own fantastic way.  I thank you all for your attention as i delivered this-probably-boring speech.
Last thing, Congratulations to us all!"

I bowed to everyone and they all started clapping as i finished my speech. Well, that went better than i expected. Roosted smiled at me and giving me thumbs up.

The whole class take pictures together with all the instructors and after that, the ceremony is finally done.

Rooster came to me and hugged me.

"Way to go, you were amazing."

"Aww, thank you. I can see that you were looking at me the whole time."

"Of course, who else would i look at. So, about the moving in thingy, have you made up your mind?"

"Yes. I'm moving in with you. I know we're ready."

"Yess, finally."

He picked me up and spin me around.

The others greeted me and congratulate me for graduating as the best. Some of them invited me and rooster to the bar for a farewell party. Because we don't know when we'll be seeing each other again.

Phoenix and hangman came to us and we all take pictures together. I'm gonna miss them all, including hangman.

After we took pictures, we went on our separate ways to get ready for the party at the bar. Nothing special actually, only small party like usual. But somehow i feel sad.

I took some stuffs and go to rooster's place.  We both chill for a while and enjoy each other's presence.

"I hope we both get the invite to top gun. I can't imagine being away from you."

"Yeah, me too." I said to him.

We both fell asleep and woke up just in time. We get ready and leave for the party.

I can see that many have shown up, some haven't. God i'll miss them all so much. I guess we can only enjoy the time together that we got left.

I really hate goodbyes.