Part 13

Rooster's PoV

I saw summer walk to our bedroom looking pissed. I hate seeing her get too close with the prince, but she's not the only one to blame, i guess i hurt her more by hanging out with bella.

"I'm sorry, but this is a mistake. We shouldn't hang out and get too close, i have a girlfriend which i love very much. Can you please stop coming? I was being kind and you're too much. We will never get back together."

"But i know you love me."

"Loved. Please, leave."

"Fine. You'll regret this."

How can i say sorry to Angie after what i did to her.

I slowly walk to our bedroom, opening the door gently. She's sleeping with her back against my side of bed. I don't know she's really sleeping or just pretending to sleep to avoid talking to me. Maybe i better apologize tomorrow and let her calm down a bit.

"Goodnight angie, i'm sorry for everything." I said whether she listens or not.

Summer's PoV

I woke up early, trying to avoid talking to rooster. I heard him apologizing last night, but i still couldn't bare the sadness. I took a quick shower, wear my uniform and go out quietly. I ride to the base using my vespa. It's still 6 AM and training starts at 8, maybe i'll just hang around the base. I even forgot breakfast. Damn i hate having a fight with rooster, i miss him.

When i arrive, i see Hondo checking out the plane.

"Hey Hondo, good morning."

"Good morning summer. Why so early? and where's rooster?"

"Some couple problems. He's still home, asleep maybe."

"You'll get through this, you both are match-made-in-heaven"

"You always know how to cheer people up don't you?" I laughed at what he said. "Thank you" I said while giving him a smile.

"Anytime. I gotta check on the other planes, see you at training."

"Kayy, bye."

I walk around the base, trying to get to know more about the place. There are pictures on the wall, pictures of the old top gun graduates and i spotted my dad and rooster's dad. Too bad that accident happened, but there's no use thinking about something we can't change. As i walk around looking at the pictures, Nikolai walked in. Someone's also early.

"Good morning, liutenant Mitchell."

"Good morning. You're early."

"I'm eager to learn, and also eager to see my beautiful instructor."

Well someone's definitely flirting.

"Go see Hondo and get your flying suit."

"Yes, ma'am."

I don't really like it when a guy flirt with me when they know that i already got a boyfriend, but i don't know how to say it. Maybe i'll talk to him about it later after training. I just want to make it clear and set boundaries.

My stomach growl because i skipped breakfast, now i regret leaving early without bringing food. I sat down at the radio room, the room where we can hear other pilots through the radio. I was laying down on the couch when Rooster walked in. He stared at me like he wanted to say something. I see that he's carrying something but i don't know what.

"Umm, hey. I brought breakfast. You went so early and i guess you must've forgot to bring food. I made blueberry pancake, your favorite." He said handing me the lunch box.

"Thanks. You can sit here, it's okay."

"I also wanted to apologize for yesterday. I should've known better. I'm sorry what happened yesterday hurt you, i promise it won't happen again. Would you forgive me?"

"That's okay, i'm glad you realize what you did wrong and actually apologize. Thank you for lowering your ego. I also have something to apologize for, i feel bad for hanging out with Nikolai without you when we were having a fight. It almost feels illegal."

"It's alright. I trust you. So, we're good?"

"Yeah, we're good."

"Oohh thank God. I miss you so much." He said hugging me.

I laughed and said, "i miss you too. I hate it when we're fighting."

"Let's try not to fight anymore. I love you."

"I love you more." I kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks for the food, you know me so well."

"Anything for you my dear summer. Bed has been cold without my summer."

"Cheesy but i like." I smirked at him.

I still feel hurt when i look at him, i hope that feeling won't last any longer.

As i finished breakfast, we both walked to the training spot and see that nikolai, dad, cyclone, and hondo was already there.

"Good morning everyone, it's a great day to fly." I started.

"Allright, i hope you already understand everything about the F-18?" Rooster asked nikolai.

"Yes, sir. I understand the F-18 natops inside and out."

"Good, then we can start basic training. You can try to start the plane and understand the system of your aircraft. When that's done we can practice flying."

"Yes, sir." Nikolai replied.

Rooster seems like a very great teacher. I could never.

Throughout the whole training, i can sense that nikolai keeps on looking at me. And i can see that rooster sense that too.

"Someone's been eyeing you this whole day."

"And someone's jealous. Don't worry, i'll talk to him later."

"Okay, i trust you. My girlfriend's too hot to ignore anyway."

"Oh shut up." I blushed.

Today's training went well, Nikolai is a fast learner. The sooner he learn, the sooner this training can end.