Part 15

Rooster's PoV

As i drift of to sleep, i suddenly remembered the talk that i had with maverick a few hours ago. He gave me a pretty good advice.
I told him about bella and he said to me, "this bella incident is only the example of one of many things that will happen throughout your marriage life. No relationship is perfect, one may seem perfect on the outside but not inside. You both have to learn to trust each other that neither of you will cheat emotionally or physically and learn to maintain that trust.
I'm a strong believer that when it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is not an option but a priority. Lotalty means the world."

That's one of the many things that he taught me that night, and i will forever remember that.

Summer's PoV

I woke up the next day feeling happy as i remembered last night proposal. I looked at the ring sitting nicely on my finger. I still can't believe that rooster really proposed. I can't wait to tell phoenix and the others. They'll be here in 4 days, just after we finish nikolai's training.

"Good morning babe, sleep well?" I heard rooster spoke next to me with his raspy morning voice.

"I always sleep well with you next to me. By the way, have i ever told you that i really like your morning voice?" I said while giving him a good morning kiss.

"You have actually, many times. I know i'm irresistible. You're lucky, you'll be hearing this voice every morning till the day you die."

"I'm very lucky to have you. Now get ready, we need to go to the base and then go to my dad's place after training."

"You take a shower here at our bathroom, and i'll use the guest's bathroom."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you more." He shouted from the room next door.

After we both take a shower and wear our uniform, we both ate breakfast and went to the base together using bradley's car. Because our job prohibited the use of accessories, i left my engagement ring at home and i also don't want to ruin the diamond on the ring.

We arrive 30 minutes early and we both spent it talking to hondo. He knew that rooster proposed last night and went asking for the ring.

"Why don't you wear the ring? i'm sure cyclone will be fine with that."

"I don't want to ruin the beautiful ring."

"So sweet of you to cherish the ring so much. You both truly deserve each other. I can always see this coming, congratulations you two."

"Thankyou hondo." I said to him.

When nikolai arrived, the three of us started the training. Today, we'll train him basic maneuvers as he already mastered the basic of flying the f-18.

————————————————

Today's training went very well as usual. Nikolai has been keeping his distance from me and i'm glad that he did.

"Thankyou for today." He said to me and rooster.

"Tomorrow is our day off, wanna hang out together at the hard deck tomorrow?" Rooster asked him

"Sure, see you tomorrow at 6?"

"Yeah, see ya mate."

Both of us walked away to our car.

"Someone's being friendly today."

"I'm just happy that you're mine and that he stops eyeing you. He keeps his words. I like him."

"He's a prince after all. I guess royals are being taught to be a trustworthy person."

"Maybe you're right. But i like him anyway. I don't mine if we all actually became friends."

"Yeah, he's nice. I want to ask you something. What did you say to bella that make her stops seeing you?"

"Pretty simple actually, i told her the truth. The fact that i love you and that i'm yours."

"Took you long enough." I said sarcastically.

He laughed at my words. We both went to my dad's place. Well actually that's penny's place.

We've changed into tshirts and shorts, just basic casual outfit. Rooster parked his car on the driveway and we both walked to their front door. As we were about to knock, amelia came out.

"Oh hey you two, they're inside preparing dinner. I was about to go to my friend's to have a sleepover. Nice seeing you two."

"Hey. You're not having dinner with us?" I asked her.

"No, my friends and i planned to cook together."

"Okay then, have fun."

Both of us walked in and welcomed by penny.

"Hello, it's nice to officially meet you Angie. You like north island so far?"

"Hey penny. I like it here, especially the beach near your bar."

"I'm glad you like it here. Mav here has been so excited with the fact that you both live here now at north island. Oh, congratulations, i heard that you both are enganged."

"Yeah, he proposed yesterday. Thank you." I smiled st her.

I walked to maverick leaving penny and rooster to talk.

"Hey dad, i miss you. Have been a while since the last time we actually talked."

"I miss you too. My baby girl is all grown up now, i can't believe that you're enganged. Congratulations." He gave me one big warm hug.

"Thanks dad. I heard that you helped him prepare everything yesterday? You both did a pretty great job actually, i'm impressed."

"One thing that me and rooster have in common is that we both would do our best to give you the best, literally."

"Thank you for all the love you've given me. I may grow up without a mom next to me, but your love always makes me the happiest girl."

"And now i hope rooster will do the same."

"Speaking about rooster, what did you say to him yesterday when he told you that he was gonna propose?"

"He told me about bella, and how he made you sad. I can see that he truly feel bad about what he did, and i can see that his feelings for you is real. I told him one and two things that might help him understands you better. Because as a father, i want nothing but to see my daughter happy."

Rooster came to us and put his arm around my waist.

"Just in time, i have one last advice for you both. No matter how mad you are to one another, no matter how much you resent each other, always remember one thing. We will never be able to erase the words that were already said, or erase actions that has already been done. And because of that, you must think it through before saying or doing anything that might hurt your significant other. We are the captain of our own plane, we're in charge of the direction, the destination and the speed. We don't want to thing recklessly and hurt everyone. So, always think and talk with cold head.
I belive that you two will do great."

"Oh dad, you made me wanna cry. And we're not even gonna get married tomorrow. You should've said that when we were about to get married."

"What i told you is just the basic of relationship, young lady. You'll see many problems ahead. I'll always be here for you both."

I hugged my dad. I have the best father ever.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but dinner's ready. Lets eat before our dinner gets cold." Penny joked.

We all walked to the dining table and eat our dinner together as a family.