Part 19

Summer's PoV

It's getting darker out here, i'm glad i've found shelter. I sat inside a cave i accidentally found. I was walking, looking at the trees above but then i tripped on a branch and fell down quite far. I'm glad the ground was covered in snow so that i wasn't severely wounded. Only a few bruises i guess, i can feel my body aches. But i'm also glad that i tripped, because i can find this cave. By the look of the sky, i guess it's nearly 7 pm. I'll just rest and try to find my way tomorrow morning, going now will only make me lost even further.

I wonder what Rooster is doing right now, i bet he's worried sick.

It kept on bugging me, who was on that plane? was that someone who has been spying on me this whole time and wanting me dead? but who would want me dead? i haven't done anything wrong to anybody, as long as i can remember.

I made fire to keep me warm for the night, it was hard finding dry woods inside this snowy forest but i managed.  Not long after i finished making fire, i fell asleep staring at it.

Rooster's PoV
We've been looking for her for a couple hours but there's still no sign of her. It's almost dark and it's hard to find her track on the thick snow.
I'm with Mav and 5 others, walking on foot.
"We need to stop and continue in the morning, we need more light to properly look for her."
"Can we please look for a few more minutes? i can feel that she's near." I said.
"Okay. 30 minutes and that's it."

I saw a cliff right in front of me, not so high but high enough to make bruises if you fell. I don't know if i'm seeing this right or not, but i can see a bit ray of light from down there. Maybe there was a cave and she's down there?

"Mav, come over here. Come see." I said to Mav.

"What? oh. Is that light? probably from a fire."

"Should we go check?"

"Wait, duck. I see someone's walking to the light. From the figure i guess that's a girl, but doesn't seems like summer." Mav said.

We can see her holding a gun.

"We should go down there. I have a bad feeling about this." I said while tying a rope to the tree nearby. "We should climb down." I continued.

"I'll be right after you." Mav said.

Mav told the others that we're going down to check and told them to stay until we gave them a sign.
"You guys stay here and watch if anyone came out of that cave. If they look suspicious, shot their leg to hold them." Mav said to them.

I tried to climb down as fast as i could. I can hear yelling from inside the cave. But the voice is so unclear. Until i finally heard gunshots. I let go of the rope i'm holding so that i can get down faster, i'm not that high up anymore. Mav came after me and started running behind me.

As i ran towards the cave, i saw the girl from earlier running out. It's dark but i guess that was sarah? how did she get here? I grabbed her and tried to stop her, but my grip got loose. Mav shouted to the team above and i can hear gunshots. The team shot her right thigh and she fell to the ground, before she could get up, Mav catched her and pinned her to the ground.

"Go check inside, i got her." Mav said to me.

I quickly ran inside and shouter Summer's name.

"I'm here, help." She said

"Summer, what happened? where did you get shot?"

She pointed at her right lower stomach. I put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.

"It's okay, i'm here. Help is here, you're gonna be okay. Stay with me." I said to her.

"Rooster, i know you'll always come for me. Thank you."

"Mav, help. Summer got shot."

I can hear people running in.
"Call the helicopter and tell them our coordinate."

"Rooster, i'm so sleepy. Can i go to sleep?"

"No, you have to stay awake. Stay with me, look at me. I'm here, Mav is here too. Stay for us. Help is on the way."

"Where the hell are they?" i shouted.

Mav came running with the paramedic. They put her on the gourney and quickly bring her to the helicopter.
They told me and mav to go with the other heli and meet them at the hospital.

"Please take good care of her." I said to them.

"You need to fight for me, for mav. Don't you die on me. I love you." I said to summer.

She stared at me and nodded slowly.

God please save her.