Part 21

Summer's PoV

I've settled in in my new room. It's big and looked kinda nice. But a good hospital room is still a hospital, i can't wait to finally go back home.

Phoenix is here with me, she just got here like 30 minutes ago. She was so worried that she bombarded me with questions like 'how are you? are you okay? what happened? who did this to you? etc'. Hangman is here with her, i can see that he changed. He's a better guy now, i see it from how he treated phoenix. I'm happy for them both.
Bradley went to the cafetaria to eat something, i also told him to go back home to take a shower and grab some of his stuffs and also mine. The doctor said that i'll be staying here for at least 3 days, and after that i'll only need to come back twice a month to check on the wound, or the doctor at the base can also do it so i don't have to come back here.

"It's been so long since the last time we've met, how come you never visit?" i said to phoenix with a playful pout on my face.
"Actually i felt bad for dating hangman since he's your ex, that's why i've been avoiding you a bit. I'm really sorry."
"You know that i don't mind at all, our relationship ended long before you guys even started dating. I'm happy that you're happy, you shouldn't worry about me."
"Thank you, and i'm really sorry. I promise i'll be the old phoenix. What about after you're fully recovered, we go for a trip to oceanside and stay there for 2 or maybe 3 days. Just us two or it could be a double date. Whichever you like better."
"Good idea, we can talk about it when the boys come. Where's hangman anyway?" I asked her.
"Oh, he went to grab a drink from the vending machine."

We both talked a little more when hangman and rooster came in.

"Hey babe, i bring you your favorite blanket. I hope this will make you miss home a little less." Rooster handed me my blanket.
"Thank you so much babe. Me and phoenix wanted to ask you both something. Phoenix, go."

"You boys got any plans next weekend? we both planned on going to the oceanside for like 2 or 3 days. Just us four, i guess we all need some day off."

"I got nothing planned, no mission too." Rooster said.

"Nothing came up to my mind so i guess i'm free next weekend." Hangman added.

"Great, it's settled then. We're going on a short holiday next weekend yayy." I squealed.

All 4 of us talked about old days at top gun, so many good memories to look back to.

It's getting late so phoenix and hangman had to go and it's just me and rooster once again. He's gonna sleep with me here. There is a spare bed next to mine but i prefer he sleep with me on my bed.

"Come snuggle me babe?" i said to him with pleading tone.
"I'd love to."
"My wound hurts because i laughed too much."
"Do you want to take some painkillers? I can go ask the nurse for it."
"No, please don't go. I miss you."
"Okay, i'm not going anywhere princess. Go sleep, i'll be here when you wake up."
"Goodnight bradley, love you."
"I love you more, princess." He kissed my forehead.

——————————————————————————
the next morning

Summer's PoV

I woke up feeling so fresh. I really enjoy my sleep last night, especially with rooster by my side.
I stretched but quickly stopped by the pain from my wound.
"Ouch. I should remember not to stretch." I mumbled to myself.
"Good morning babe, you okay?"
"Oh good morning, sorry i woke you up. I stretched but this silly wound hurts a lot when i stretch."
"My baby can't even stretch normally. Poor you." he said mocking me.
"I can still do this tho." I punched his stomach playfully.
He laughed and kissed my cheeck.

"Mav is coming here this afternoon, maybe at 1 or 2 pm. He asked do you want him to bring any specific food?"
"Umm, maybe some chicken wings from wingstop."
"Anything else?"
"That'll be all. Tell him thank you and i love him very much but please come faster because i crave for some chicken wings now."
"Yes, ma'am."

A nurse came by to check on me, give me my breakfast. She asked me how is my wound and does it hurt so much. I told her about the pain when i move and she told me not to move my abdomen too much because it'll make the stitches heal slower. She also told me that i shouldn't take a shower but wet cloth is fine.
"Do you want me to help wipe your body with wet cloth?" She kindly offered.
"No thank you, i'll try to do it myself or he can help me later." I replied.
She nodded and leave.

After the nurse is out, Rooster came up to my ear and whispered, "so, i will finally see you naked again?"
I slapped his arm playfully and said, "i suggest you stop wishing for anything more than cleaning my body. But we can talk more about it when we're back home." I winked to my fiancé. We both laughed together.

I walked to the bathroom and rooster is preparing a bucket of warm water and also a small towel. He prepared a plastic chair for me to sit and then he helped me took of my hospital gown.

"Can i start cleaning now?" he asked.
"Go ahead."

He started from my neck and continued down to my feet. He's such a gentleman, he handled his lust very well even tho i can see his boner, which i found kinda funny. He also helped me wear the hospital gown again. One reason why i love him very much is he knows how to treat me like a queen.

I ate my breakfast and rooster ate something that he bought from the cafeteria. Hospital food is never my fav which is why i really look forward to dad's visit this afternoon.

A few hours went by quite fast and it's noon already. Rooster and i spent whole morning cuddling and watching harry potter.  I've always had a crush on draco malfoy.

I heard someone knocked the door, both our attention diverted to the door.

"Hello lovebirds. Let this old man interrupt for a very short while."
"Hey dad, i miss you so much. How come you weren't here yesterday."
"Sorry sweetpea, i was busy interrogating the person who did this to you. How are you feeling? Better?"
"I'm good, and much better now that you're here too."
He kissed my forehead and handed me my wingstop.
"Thank you dad, you're the best."

I guess no matter how old i am, i'll forever be daddy's lil girl.

The three of us talked about Sarah. Dad said that the judge sentenced her lifetime in prison. And let me tell you, the prison for someone like her, a traitor is far more worse than normal prison.

Dad only stayed here for a couple hours because Iceman needed him for something important at the base. He said that he'll come again tomorrow.

Well, hospital is not that bad. I kinda enjoy it now. But i still miss my house.