Part 7

Summer's PoV
I got woken up because of my dream, i dreamed of something pretty terifying. I was in a mission to blow ilegal weapon storage in the middle of the dessert that belongs to a terrorist that's been hunted by the US since years ago. In my dream, i was out of flares when a missile came after me, and i can't eject because there was a malfunction and i woke up due to my aircraft going down, with me in it. I'm glad that's just a dream.

I slept at the guess room last night because it doesn't seem right to be sleeping with rooster every night. I like the guest room, it's actually prepared for me, rooster make me pick the furniture and the bedsheets when he moved to this place.

I decided to take a shower before going to the kitchen to make breakfast. I woke up quite early, it's still 5:15 AM. As i took a shower, i reconsidered my decision about moving in with rooster. We've been friends for like an eternity and we've slept on the same bed many times but the idea of actually living with him is still something i should think through. I guess it's not the right time, i just broke up and i don't want people think that i'm using him to move on. 

"Maybe i should just postpone." i said to myself

I finished my shower and wear last night's dress because i haven't bring my stuffs here. I texted phoenix telling her about my decision and then i go down to the kitchen. There's literally nothing to cook because we forgot to go grocery shopping yesterday. I guess i should wake him up and eat breakfast outside.

I walked to his room, knock gently and then i opened the door. He's still sleeping peacefully.

"Rooster, wake up, i'm hungry and there's no food. Like literally no food."

He rolled from his position and now facing me.

"What time is it? it's still not that bright outside. Go back to sleep."

"Umm, it's 6 am. I can't go back to sleep if i'm hungry. Come on, pleaseeee."

"Okay, fine. Give me 5 minutes to get ready."

"Yay, you're the best." I pecked his cheek and he smiled.

I waited in the living room, playing with my phone when hangman called. What does he want now

"What?"

"Nothing, i tried to call you lastnight but your phone is off."

"And why would you call me?"

"Listen, i'm truly sorry for what i did to you. I want to apologize in person, can i see you?"

"No need to. Gonna hang up now, bye."

I want nothing to do with that guy.

I looked back and see rooster standing, i guess he has been listening.

"Hangman?"

"Yeah. Nevermind, lets go. I'm thinking about pancakes for breakfast, i'm craving something sweet."

"Okay lets get you some pancakes and then we can grab your stuffs."

"About that,"

"About what?"

"I don't think moving in is the right decision, i mean think about what the others would think. Damn it i use so much think in one phrase."

"Who cares what they think?"

"I do, i don't want them thinking that i'm using you to move on."

"I don't mind and i don't even care about what people think. But if that's what you want then okay, i respect your decision. But whenever you want to stay here, my doors are always open."

"Thankyou for understanding"

I hugged him and we hugged each other for at least 5 mins.

We go out to eat and then we decided to go to the beach and sit there for a while, enjoying the morning sun while waiting for the grocery store to open.

"Angie, do you think it's ever gonna change between us?"

"What kind of change?"

"We've been friends our whole life, do you think that maybe someday we can be like a couple?"

I stayed quiet for a while.

"Umm. I don't know. I like what we have right now, but we never know. Why are you asking?"

"Nothing. Just random thought. Wanna go now?"

"Sure."

He helped me stand up and then we walk to the grocery store because it's not that far.

"Help me pick, i have no idea what to buy."

"Any request? maybe you want something specific."

"Nope."

I grabbed some fruits, milk, eggs, yogurt, vegetables, some frozen foods for emergencies,  pasta, cereal, bread, sauces, some toilet papers, toiletries, and also some household stuffs like dish soap, laundry soap etc.

"Will that be enough?" I asked him.

"How can you put so much in only a few minutes?"

"I like grocery shopping. Well i like shopping in general."

"That would be enough i guess. What would i do without you. Maybe i'm gonna need to go back here every day if you're not helping me."

We walked to the cashier and pay.

"I understand you're handsome. But i don't understand why would every girl look at you like you're some kind of gold." I laughed at how the cashier girl stare at rooster.

"I'm just irresistible." He smirked

He drove me to my place because it's time for me to go back to my own room.

When we arrive, i decided to ask him, "Rooster, it keeps on bugging me. Your question that you asked me at the beach. What's the reason that you suddenly ask me that?"

He looked at me deeply and said, "i think i might have fallen for you."