Part 16

4 days later

Summer's PoV

Today is Nikolai's last day of training, he did very well. Today is also the day that the others will finally come here, i can't wait to see phoenix and tell her about my engagement. I wanted to tell her in person. She also has been a bit distant, i don't know why.

Rooster and I are currently at the base, watching Nikolai fly and do everything that we've taught him.

"Our job is finally done, he almost fly as good as you." Rooster said.

"Almost. I'm still the best." I said back to him.

"Of course, my fiancé is the best fighter pilot on earth and i'm proud of that." He said giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"Cheesy as always." I laughed.

"Great job nikolai, now report back to base. You've completed your training." I said to nikolai through the radio.

"Yes ma'am."

After a few minutes nikolai finally showed up.

"Here's the guy. You're a good fighter pilot, keep up the good work." Rooster said to nikolai.

"All that thanks to you and angie. I know it's your duty to train me, but you both turned to be my friends and a very great teacher. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding that we've had. It's been an honor to be taught by you both." Nikolai said to us and saluted.

"It's been an honor for us to teach you as well, prince nikolai." I said to him.

"When are you going back? maybe we could hang out for the last time." I said

"My father commanded that i went straight back after i finished the training. But you both are welcome anytime you want to visit. Just give me a call."

"Thank you. We both looked forward to seeing you."
We both gave him goodbye hugs and walk our separate ways.

We both walk to cyclone's office to report. I knocked the door and cyclone told us to come in.

"So, because the training is done, there is a 2 days day off for you two. The other aviators will come tonight but class starts in 2 days. You both can celebrate your engagement with your friends and family."

"Thank you, sir. It's ver nice of you."

"Anything for my 2 best pilots. One more thing, ice man wanted to see you, Summer."

"About what sir? did i do something wrong?"

"Ice man didn't say anything but just that he wanted to talk to you. I think it's about another secret mission. That's all, you both are dismissed."

"Yes, sir."

We both walked out. I was planning on seeing iceman after we both had dinner.

"What do you think iceman wanted me to do?"

"Nothing too dangerous i hope. I can't bare losing you again."

"I'll be fine. I'll always find my way back home to you. Shall we go for lunch?"

"And i'll never stop trying to find you. Lets go, after that i'll take you to iceman's."

Lunch at the cafetaria is always good. I like the people that works here, always with their positive vibes and warm smiles which i gladly return.

The ride to iceman's was silent. I'm too nervous to actually talk about anything. What's the mission? why the admiral want to talk to me directly? why me?

"I'll wait at the car, i don't think admiral kazansky wanted me to hear or know anything about this mission." Rooster said as he parked the car.

"Okay, i'll see you soon." I said giving him a quick kiss.

I knocked at the front door and his wife opened the door and led the way to iceman's work room. As i walked in, my father was already inside with iceman. He told me to sit down and after that, the admiral started typing the things that he wanted to tell me.

'How are you, Summer? I'm very happy to finally meet you again. The last time i saw you, you were just a little kid and now you've grown to be a very great fighter pilot'

"I'm good, sir. It's an honor to finally meet you."

'Your father and i have been talking about a special mission. Our intel in China suspected that their army has been preparing a nuclear weapon in our land that is illegal. We want you to go there and shut their base. This is a simple mission but so dangerous. Once you were caught, it'll be very hard to escape.'

"The base is located in Alaska. This will be a single pilot mission. You're on your own out there. You'll be flying the f-35 in stealth mode. There will be a storm in 1 week and you were expected to attack specifically on that day during that storm so that they won't see you coming. Their defense system is not that good but they have great weapons if that'll be able to shot you down once they see you." My father continued.

"But, why me?" I asked

'Because you're the best and you've shown us your survival skill when you went missing. We need a great fighter pilot with great survival skill. Because this mission is not only about flying but also about knowing how to come back home' iceman typed.

"I didn't agree on sending you for this mission, but i realize that you're kinda our only hope for this mission. If i can, i'd be happy to replace you for this, but i've retired from flying and iceman insisted on sending you."

'I know you can do it. You're already better than your father. You can practice flying the f-35 tomorrow. You can only tell Rooster about this and no one else.'

"Okay, i accept this mission."

Iceman stood up and gave me a warm hug.

My father walked me out to the front door.

"Please, be careful on this mission. I don't want to loose you."

"I promise i'll be careful, dad." I hugged him and walk to rooster's car.

Rooster waved at my dad and then we both went back home.

I told everything to Rooster and he was so surprised that he hit the brake in all of a sudden. Luckily there was no car or anything behind us.

"You can't go. Not on a single mission this dangerous. There's a big chance that you won't come back. The storm, the nuclear blast, the enemy, their weapons? i can't let you go."

"There's nothing i can do, the admiral asked me himself and he trusted me. I don't want to ruin that trust. I promise i'll come back to you."

He stayed silent the whole ride.