1. 𝑨 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

_________________________________________

!! CW !!

-- sᴡᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ --
-- ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ sᴇʟғ ʜᴀʀᴍ --
-- ᴅʀᴜɢ ᴜse --
-- ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ --

_________________________________________

y/n pov:

Taking posters down from my room made me tear up a bit, I had to clean my whole room into boxes and only a few of those boxes would come with me. These Minecraft and Marvel posters were nostalgia, they came from pure happiness, I would just play Minecraft and or watch a marvel movie when others made me feel like crap. I would also go to my best friend, he always seemed to cheer me up, Alex was the kind of guy that had just two moods, a goofy crackhead, or a depressed bitch.

I was going to miss him, I have spent all my life with him and now is the day we part. I would have never imagined it, ever. When I told him I had to move away he was heartbroken, I don't know what this is going to do to him, I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid. Alex was the sweetest person in my life and I hated the thought of him not being around, but hopefully, I can cope. We have each other's discord so we will hopefully be able to call if he isn't busy that is.

Streaming with this loveable asshole was one of my main points in life, one of the reasons I get out of my bed every day. But he wasn't all goofy and crazy, he is stubborn, protective, and strong. He gave me his full support. Especially when I was 14, the time my Mum left. It was nothing surprising though, she had been cheating for months, and that divorce did something to my Dad... He grew lazy, depressed, and addicted to smoking and alcohol. He didn't get off the couch for a good month or two, after several tries, I finally got him up and he showered himself and acted independently. I was proud of him.

Until one day I noticed a butt load of Tylenol in the bathroom cupboard and a semi-bloody razor. How could I have not noticed it before? He was doing so well, I guess he didn't want me worried. It was too late; all the Tylenol packs were empty, and Dad wasn't waking up... I couldn't do anything but blame myself for this, he meant so much to me more than my mum ever did. I just never got to say goodbye, or tell him I loved him.

So I moved in with Alex and his Mum, they had a few spare bedrooms. His Mum was the sweetest, she was like the Mother I never had, which made Alex my brother I never had. But where was I? Oh right, sobbing while I pack my stuff for college. I had finished cleaning the area around my bed when I saw the photo of me and Alex 17 years ago, days after we met, hugging each other, we were holding on like there was no tomorrow. We were only 6, I can't believe this was 15 years ago.

Our mothers were best friends since they were in high school, and they each had a child born within months of each other. After around 15 years without seeing each other, both our families decided to meet up, and that is when I first met Alex, we had to share ice cream because my mum would only pay for one ice cream cone and he wanted some cookies and cream. I then found out that his favorite flavor was mint chocolate chip and strawberry. We then laughed, and that single reaction opened up that lifelong friendship.

Alex and I then grew up together when their family decided to move to Brighton and bought a fancy house, for two or more vacancies. Oh god... I am going WAY too off topic now! I stared at the photo, holding back the tears of joy this one still made me feel, the memories came rushing back in and I never wanted to forget something like that. I really wanted to take it with me, it reminds me that no matter what, Alex will be there. But I remembered that this isn't my house, so I went up to his Mum with tears rolling down my cheek.