16. 𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒊𝒆𝒓

_________________________________________

-- SLIGHT SWEARING --

_________________________________________

The girl soon awoke from her nap to Ranboo gently nudging her, y/n rubbed her eyes. "Morning sunshine," Ranboo sarcastically commented, she giggled knowing it was deep into noon. "By the way, Clay suggested late lunch, he's gone to get a rental and find a nice restaurant. Nick and George are with him too. I also already let everyone know to get ready." He informed the girl. It was quite a lot for her to take in as she just woke up so she just mumbled a quiet "Okay" and slowly stood up. "I think I'm ready so–" she stopped herself at the sight of Ranboo being clothed in Black skinny jeans, and red button up. She knew it was a normal thing for him to wear but she still thought it was hot.

"I look good don't I?" said Ranboo, rolling the cuffs up and smirking to himself. Y/n's face flushed the colour of the button up, "Yes!" she blurted, covering her mouth as she realised what she had said. "I'm glad," he chuckled, walking to her and leading his arm around her shoulder. They slowly paced towards the door, waiting for everyone to stampede downstairs when they called. "Is everyone ready?!" Y/n projected her voice up. She heard Phil yell back, "Yeah mate, the boys are about to head down now. Oi! Girls! Are you ready?!" a few seconds later Cara and Niki walked out the door, "Yep, feeling refreshed, " said Cara.

Wilbur came walking down the stairs, soon followed by Tommy, Toby, and Phil. "Just send us the address! We'll be ready soon!" Karl called out from upstairs. "I guess we'll just wait for Karl and Alex and go with them," Niki responded. Phil agreed to join the others, so y/n and Ranboo were in front of the Cherokee, Toby and Tommy in the back with Wilbur between them. "Hey guys in the front, can I be the DJ? Does this thing have bluetooth?" Wilbur asked. "Yeah of course man! Here," Ranboo showed him the directions to connect his phone.

"Oh noooooo~" Tommy whined, "he's going to put on his wanky band, LoVeJoY!" he continued. "Tommy, stop it. You're obviously just jealous he has a band and you don't," y/n said to him as she glared at Tommy through the rear-view mirror. Wilbur's songs played throughout the journey, "Hey Will," y/n called, "what's the name of your band again? I quite like the style." Tommy then groaned, "it's uh Lovejoy, one word. Also Tommy I know you like my songs, take the mask off already." Toby choked, everyone looked at him, "mask, hehe" he mumbled. Soon enough they pulled into a semi-empty parking lot as they saw Clay, Nick and George waving.

The bunch stepped out and headed over to where the boys were, right before the others pulled in next to them. When the groups had united, Clay took them to a table he had booked. Y/n sits down in the middle of a long bench, followed by Ranboo and Alex sitting either side. Soon enough, the waiter came by and they ordered drinks. The group started getting chatty as the beverages arrive at the table, but they did not let that interrupt them. "So y/n, you never told us about how you and a few in this group know each other," Phil blurted. Y/n explained the clumsy journey to the dorm when she met Ranboo, and how he was friends with Tommy, and of course Niki interrupted and said they were roommates.

The girl also goes on how she met Alex, but not in great detail of course. Later on, they decide to order some late lunch and enjoy that. After an hour of chatting again, they finish up and Clay generously pays the bill. Before heading back to the bnb, they all agreed on going for a quick walk across the piers, keeping in mind the sky was a beautiful orange and purple at that time and they all just couldn't miss the chance to miss the beautiful view. The couple stayed at the back, holding hands, not wanting to be seen by the loudmouth child at the front.

Alex finishes a conversation he had with Karl and George, and looks back to see where his other friend was, noticing she was holding hands with Ranboo. Y/n notices this and looks at Alex with a confused look, he just gestures for her to walk faster to catch up with him, and she does. Alex lowers his voice and softly speaks to the girl, "So are y- you and Ranboo like, a thing?" She stops, and thinks if her answer was any different he would react differently. "Uh- um, I- I don't know if he- uhh~" she stuttered, stumbling on her words.

Soon before y/n could finish thinking properly, what she didn't want to happen, happened. Tommy turned around, "OH!! I forgot to tell you guys!" he yelled. "Tommy no! Please," Ranboo begged. "What?! I was just going to say you guys k-" he started. "THOMAS!" y/n shouted, he looked back at her with a smug smile, while she just glared at him, making that smile drop immediately. "Come on man," he mumbled, "just ask her out already!" he said a bit louder. Everyone stopped, and collectively shouted, "WHAT!"

"Tommy!" Y/n shot him a worse look than before, "Okay! Okay I'll shut up now, geez," he mumbled for the last time. "Don't worry about it, we just don't see our Ranboo as much of a ladies man," Toby blurted. Ranboo looked down at the boy with confusion and slightly offended, but brushed it off. Wilbur started to slow down and whispered in Ranboo's ear, "Congrats man, even if this is just Tommy overreacting, I'm happy for you." That was the moment Ranboo thought of it, even though he would be following what Tommy had almost demanded him to do, he wanted to, it's been in his mind ever since he moved dorms. He just didn't know how to.

The group walk in an awkward silence until Karl interrupts it by announcing, "Hey guys, how about we take a photo, like, look at this sunset and look at us!" he suggested. "I absolutely agree! Come in everyone!" said Cara. Cara sets her phone up with a timer as it counts down from 10. Everyone huddled together and posed as the timer reached 0. The girl picked her phone up from the railings and smiled. "Wow you guys, we look so good!" she exclaimed, "oh my god the sunset looks sick!" Toby responded as he peeked over everyone else's shoulders.

The group started walking back towards their parked cars, as they arrived, they drove back to their destination and called it a night. The next morning they were woken up by a knocking on the door, who was it? They never called anyone. Y/n was the first one up as she was the lightest sleeper, she paced towards the door, still half asleep. About 5 metres away, Wilbur gently pushed past her and said, "it's for me, don't worry," as he opened the door. A tall, brunette man stood in the doorway, "heh, sorry if I woke you guys." he chuckled awkwardly. "Ayyyy! Fundy my boy, nice to see you!" Wilbur announced before pulling the man into a tight hug. Loud thumping was heard coming down the stairs, it was Phil and Ranboo.

"Oh hey mate," Phil greeted Fundy with a big smile, "Wilbur, how are we going to sort out the rooms now?" he continued. "Wait wait, hold up a second, if he's staying I'm going to need to know if Fundy is his actual name" y/n asked. The man reached his hand out to give her a hand shake, "It's Floris, nice to meet you," she shook his hand, "Yeah you too! I'm y/n" the girl responded. Floris came inside and dumped his bags, and for the next few minutes he, Wilbur, y/n, Ranboo and Phil sorted the room situation. They said Fundy would join Wilbur and Phil, pushing them out of the only room that had 2 beds. Y/n goes in with Tommy and Ranboo because they're the only other people she knows personally, so the guys can switch over to the room the girls were in with 3 beds and the 2 girls likewise. "I mean that would definitely work, we have an extra bed in between me and Tommy," Ranboo stated.

(for anyone confused)

Eventually, all the bags were where they were meant to be, "Hey girls, do you have stuff for the party?" Wilbur quietly asked. They realised, it was that night, Halloween was that night. "Shit! Yes we do" Niki blurted, realising what day it was. "Okay awesome, I'll find something to distract the others for now while we set up," he continued, "Awesome!" y/n replied, as she and Niki darted upstairs to retrieve the party supplies. Wilbur called everyone except for Niki and y/n downstairs to convince them to get out of the bnb, and it worked, he had found a huge shopping mall and convinced the others to go shopping for a few hours.

______________________________________

A/N:

Again apologies for the chapter delay, I have exam week so that's fun ig

But I have been working on chapters 17-20 so they will be hopefully as promised, updated weekly. (can't wait for semester break)

Stay safe everyone! <3

- REM :))

______________________________________

1,579 words