8. 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕

_________________________________________

!! CW !!

-- sᴡᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ --
-- ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ᴘᴏɪsᴏɴ --
-- sᴇᴍɪ ᴅʀᴜɢ ᴜsᴇ --

_________________________________________

The next morning I woke up with a splitting headache at 7:30 am, too early. I decided to get out of bed and grab a glass of water to ease it out. I had left the door to my room slightly open so I could view my bed as I sat on the couch, but I didn't want to seem creepy while I just stared at someone sleeping. But he did look snuggly, GOD why am I like this? I waited a little bit after I finished the glass and felt much better, so I decided to go back to bed and chill until he woke up.

Mark groaned a little, "morning sunshine," I piped up. He then wiped his eyes and looked up at me as I smiled, "morning sunshine," he cutely mocked me. **DING** I giggled as I checked my phone for the notification I just got. It was a message from Niki, my eyes widened in pure shock. "Dude come to the hospital IMMEDIATELY. There is something wrong with Tommy" I jumped out of bed. "Y/n what's wrong?" He asked, I then showed him what was on my screen.

"No..." Mark whispered to himself, let's go now!" He added. Because I was already because I got ready way before him, he just needed to splash his face to wake up and we would go. I grabbed my keys and ran to open the door, I waited for Mark to run out and slammed the door behind me, not thinking about some of the students asleep. We got out of the campus and Mark directed me to the hospital we would have been at. We arrived at the state hospital and ran in, "Do you know his full name?" I frantically asked him.

We kept walking to the desk as he looked down and nodded at me. "Hello! What may I do for you two?" A woman sitting at the desk asked. "Uh hi, is it possible for us to see a patient? ...his name is Thomas, Thomas Simons," Mark insisted. The woman squinted at her computer and asked, "Ah yes, Ward c. May I see ID?" We took out our IDs and gave them to the woman. She put something into her computer and handed them back to us as she pointed in the direction of where Tommy should be.

We zoomed through the long halls until there was a sign saying "Ward C". We opened the doors and spotted Niki a meter away looking stressed. She ran at me with open arms and squeezed me. "I am so so so glad you are here!!" She exclaimed. "So is everything okay with Tommy?" Mark asked. "Well it turns out he was bitten by a poisonous bug and he was allergic to it or something, but he should be fine he just needs to have surgery to drain the poison" Niki continued.

We walked back over to Tommy as Mark ran at him and gave him the biggest hug, "My man!" he yelled. "Tommy!!" Mark shouted, "I am so sorry for leaving you!!" he continued. "Man... I-"Tommy got cut off by a nurse walking into the area. "Is this Thomas Simons?" She asked. All of us looked over and she jokingly let out, "Now... Which one?" and laughed. The nurse looked strangely familiar, but it didn't matter. Niki had gotten to know her and introduced me and Mark, "Oh hey Kristy! This is Tommy's friend, who is also all of our friends, Mark. And this is also our friend y/n," Niki proceeded to say. 

Kristy... I swear I knew that name until the nurse spoke again, and that is when my heart sank to my stomach. "Y/n..." I looked at her badge, it said 'Kristy y/l/n'. "Kristy..." I thought to myself. The nurse looked at me with loving eyes, "Sweetie... I-" It was my mother. After all of these years, still not married, looking like an old hag working at a hospital. Before she could say anything else I interrupted her, "Don't you dare call me that! You don't deserve to call me that after you l-" I stopped myself after I splurted out. Her face dropped as she cooed, "Oh come on darling, you know I didn't mean to" 

"Mean to what?? Mentally abuse Dad? So much that he got fucking carried away? YOU LEFT WITH ANOTHER MAN WHEN HE WAS AT HIS LOWEST! YOU KNOW I WAS THE ONE WHO HAD TO TAKE CARE OF HIM, AND I COULD BARELY DO THAT!! I COULDN'T EVEN STOP HIM FROM-" I accidentally said too much. "From what? Y/n what happened to your father?  What-" My mother questioned. "Why do you care?? You abandoned us and you expect me to tell you?! You know what? Good luck with your surgery Tommy but I can't be here anymore, I'm so sorry." I apologized and started to walk out. 

But before I could get out of the ward, Mark grabbed me by the arm and gave me a confused look, that was before I gave him pissed-off eyes and let me go. I ran off to the nearest bathroom and slammed the cubical door behind me. I just can't believe a selfish woman like that would even consider trying to gain my trust back. After what she did to me, especially after she just didn't care what my Dad was going through and went and had sex with some random dude. AND RAN OFF WITH HIM.

Anyways I just needed to gather my thoughts and calm down. Soon enough I heard Niki's voice, "Y/n?? I know you're in there," she called out. I busted out of the cubical and fell into Niki's arms, she asked what was wrong and I told her why I was so upset. She understood and squeezed me tighter, I think I should have stopped because she started to tear up and cry a little.

"Y/n, I am so sorry that happened. And listen if you ever need to talk to anyone, please come to me," she assured me. "So can you not tell anyone about it? Only you, Tommy, and Mark will know," I asked her. Again being the angel she is, she understood and she lead me out to the lobby around the ward. Tommy had already gotten off to surgery and Mark was there waiting for me.

I offered to drive the two to chick-fil-a for a quick lunch while Tommy wasn't present, they both said yes and we had a great time. Niki and Mark got talking and I eventually explained to Mark why I was so upset. He was just like Niki and understood immediately, he was sitting next to me so he gave me a huge hug. I never wanted it to stop, he was like a giant pillow. Afterward, we headed back to the car and drove back next door to the hospital.

Tommy had just woken up by the time we came back, he had just woken up and was feeling groggy but he was looking way better. We messed with him a little bit while he was in this state and it was hilarious. Thankfully, a different nurse came in and informed us of when he would be right to go and the precautions to take if he isn't. We asked Tommy if he was still up for the movie around 4 pm and he seemed way too excited but I was glad our movie day was still not ruined.

_________________________________________

A/N:

Thank you all so much for reading this chapter, I had so many ideas for this but I feel like what was written was my best idea.

Also, a throwback to 2019 when I had one of my many surgeries on my hip, my parents told me that after I got out of the anesthesia, they gave me an ice block to wake me up but I ended up just faceplanting into it. And whenever they would try and get a word out of me they would hear, "Euuuffshghshhhss" XD

I have a lot of plans for the next chapter so stay alert! 

Take care of yourselves, ily <33 (also its Rem now, not Tigerr, if you don't follow my twitter)

- REM :))

_________________________________________

1,402 words