2. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒗𝒆

_________________________________________

!! CW !!

-- sᴡᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ --
-- ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ --
-- sᴀᴅɴᴇss --

_________________________________________

y/n pov:

The next day I woke up and realized what day it was. The day my childhood would officially end, I know it sounds like an exaggeration but it feels like the end of a beautiful era. But I hope that my time in c/n won't be so bad, I just hope I make friends, my worst nightmare is to be somewhere like that, alone. I just hope Alex is okay, and I hope he gets into a school he likes. I just want him to enjoy wherever he is.

Alex pov:

Today was the day y/n was leaving for her time in c/n. I just hope she's happy, her anxiety is just getting better and I don't wanna see that go down the drain, she has been doing so well. The last time y/n had an anxiety attack was when we were first starting high school, some dickheads were making fun of her because she was wearing the guy's school uniform, we couldn't afford another uniform but we had spares. I just wish we hadn't gone to the school in the first place. We were just bankrupt at that moment.

At the time, my mum just lost her job so y/n and I had to take good care of her, she wasn't coping well. Y/n was very good at taking care of her, because of what happened to her Dad, and when I asked her why she is doing this, she told me that she doesn't want her to end up like her Dad. Because we needed someone to take good care of us when we can't ourselves. But luckily, eventually Mum got a job. And the first thing she did was buy y/n a proper uniform, I'm glad she wasn't insecure anymore.

I am proud of her, she has been wanting to go to c/n since she was 13. Y/n would always look out the window of the car to just see the sign for their open day. She would fangirl over a dang sign, it was adorable every time. Her talent in Music and Arts was the reason she got in, they were astounded by how experienced she was. Mum is proud of her, but, she doesn't want y/n to go because she was like a real daughter to her, y/n was so caring to my mum.

y/n pov:

Seeing all my childhood in boxes made me realize that this part of my life was probably some of the best years ever. Alex helped me move some of these boxes out to my old Ford Falconᵗᵐ I have driven since I was sixteen. I sat there on my bed, when I heard whispering outside my door, it was Alex and his mum. They then opened the door and sat on either side of me, "y/n, we are both incredibly proud of you. But of course, we will miss you." Alex's mum said.

I turned to face her with tears in my eyes, I mouthed thank you, and I then put my head on her shoulder. "Thank you guys so much, for all of this. I am going to miss you both every day." They both smiled. Alex's mum got up and said, "I'll leave you two to say goodbyes." And she shut the door. His mum is the sweetest and I am going to miss our little chick-flick nights where we would watch a cringe, romance, girly movie just because we could. The last one we watched was called 'Bend it like Beckham'.

Alex sat next to me and grabbed both my hands while looking into my eyes, I have never seen any kind of pain like that. My heart was breaking, those eyes have never been so full of hurt before, "y/n..." he said, his voice shaking to get it out, but again, his eyes were doing the talking. "I hate this too, I don't want to go." His eyes filled with water, he wiped them and asked, "...do you remember our song?" My eyes widened a little, "She was... 19, with a baby on the way..." I started singing until he said, "But the part," I smiled a little.