20. 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝑺𝒐 𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔

______________________________________

!! T+CW !!

-- Mentions of death and CPR --

______________________________________

Young y/n arrives home from a sleepover at a friend's place, right before Christmas eve.

"Dad! I'm home!" she voiced over the tv noise.

There was no response.

She sighed, walking over to the sofa she noticed that her father was asleep. Taking the opportunity of the man not noticing, she planned to decorate the dining table with the takeout arriving any minute. While waiting for the ordered food, she unpacked her bag and set out a few candles as well as plates and cutlery on the dinner table.

The doorbell sounded through the noise of metal clanking, y/n headed over to the front door to collect her food. This is the point where she thought her dad would wake up with the smell of fresh takeout but obviously not this time.

The table looked gorgeous, y/n stood back and observed her work as she smiled to herself, she knew he would love it.

The girl tiptoed over to the sofa which her father lay on, turned off the tv and started whispering to slowly wake him up.

After 30 seconds of no response from the sleeping man she tried to tap him on the shoulder, which usually scared him a bit but still got him up. A deep pool of dread started to fill y/n's stomach as she kept trying to wake her dad for the next few minutes.

She got so fed up and impatient that she started to shake his shoulders, no one could be asleep after that.

"Please! Dad! It's Christmas you can't do this!" she started to scream, noticing the foaming liquid coming out of her father's mouth.

"No, no, no, no th- This isn't real... I'm dreaming- It's Christmas this ca- I-" Y/n couldn't believe it, was her Dad dying? Or did this happen while she was away? How long has he been like this?

Her first instinct was to call someone, she thought about calling Alex, although she would, common sense kicked in to call the emergency number. Y/n rushed over to the dinner table and snatched her phone. Her shaky hands limited her ability to dial the right numbers.

Eventually, after many tries of the keypad, the ringing sounded through the noise of y/n's heavy breath and sniffling.

"999 what's your emergency?" a young male voice came through the other end.

"Please help, my- my Dad is unconscious on the couch o- or dead I- I don't know, just please-"

"Miss, I need you to talk a bit slower, I can't understand you"

"Okay, I came home and found my Dad laying on the couch, I thought he was asleep but when I shook his shoulders foamy stuff came from his mouth. Can you please just send help, I don't know what's going on"

"Alright, I understand, we will send an ambulance right away, where is your location?"

Y/n then proceeded to give the man on the phone her exact address, after she was done, the man offered for her to stay on the phone until the emergency services arrived,

"No I think it's fine for now, I am planning on calling a close family friend after this, but thank you so much for the offer"

"No worries, the emergency services will be arriving soon, stay patient,"

"Okay, thank you so much! Goodbye."

"We'll see you soon, goodbye."

Soon enough, y/n gained the courage to dial Alex's number. And it rang...