6. 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍

_________________________________________

!! NO CW !!

_________________________________________

Mark left and I decided to get some sleep, it was already really late and tomorrow is a proper day with actual classes. I can't be tired, because I get annoyed, angry, and stressed when I am tired. It's a side of me no one wants to experience. So soon after I decided to do the stupid thing I always do and ignore myself, I sat on the couch and watched tv for the rest of the night. Soon enough I fell asleep with my phone on my chest and the tv still blaring. But at around 2 am I woke up and got into bed.

**BEEP BEEP** **BEEP BEEP** My alarm clock sounded, 6 am, wow. I can't remember the last time I woke up this early. I groaned and sat up on my bed when I looked at the candle Mark gave me, he was so sweet, why can't all men be like this? I may as well be lesbian if I didn't meet him. "I knew you liked this scent so I got this for you for your new room, I really hope you like this. If not, just give it back to me until you like smelling vanilla again :)" the little card connected on the outside read.

I got up and refreshed for the day, by the time that was done, it was 6:45 am which meant I had some time to spare with breakfast and tv. I arranged with Mark that he would come to my dorm any time around half past seven. I ate breakfast and got changed into comfy but stylish clothes. For once, Niki didn't burst into the room; instead, she walked into my half through the bathroom, rubbing her eyelids and yawning. "Hey sleepyhead," I called out to her.

"OoAaOooOoh~" Niki yawned as she waved before stumbling back to her dorm. I smiled and waited for Mark, he came a little early at nineteen past. "Hey, stranger! Come in," I greeted him. I was about to sit back down on the couch when he suggested, "hey, can we go to your bedroom? It is so aesthetic and calming," I giggled a little bit. "I know, it sounds weird but it's true!" He continued. I agreed and we both flopped down onto the bed. "How long does it take to get to my first class?" I asked pulling out my schedule.

"Well, luckily this campus isn't that big so your class is about 1 or 2 minutes on foot. But mine is just downstairs so it's like 30 seconds," Mark replied. "Ohhhh, cool! Do you mind if you lead me to class?" I asked. I was so unsure of where to go, the tour he gave me totally blew over my head. He smiled and agreed to lead me to my class, in fact, he insisted on meeting me somewhere after every class so I didn't get lost. We talked for a little bit and soon enough the time came for us to get going.

"So just down the stairs here is my class, which you can probably walk to as the instructor makes us stay in a little longer than we should," He informed. He then lead me to my class and I watched him walk down the ha and smile back at me before continuing and entering his classroom. I walked in the door of the room I was meant to be in, I was one of the early birds so my instructor made me wait at the front of the room to introduce me to everyone.

There were so many smiling faces and everyone seemed so happy for me to be there, this nice guy offered me a seat next to him. I took the offer and I really enjoyed that lesson, it was just overall a good environment in there, and I couldn't wait to go back. At the end of the lesson, everyone got up and parted ways, seeing as though I was early, I decided to go and give Mark a quick visit before his lesson ended. I opened the door he entered in and a warm flush of air heated up my face.

This was the gym, I never thought he was a sporty person but wow. For some reason, it was just a class full of guys and a few girls sitting on the bleachers. I decided to stop just standing there and joined the girls on the bleachers. Looking around I saw the same girl who gave me a hard time a while ago, so I decided to steer clear of her and sit at the very end on the left. I scanned the room, looking for Mark when a familiar voice say, "Ohhh! It's you!" I turned to see that girl give me dirty look while continuing.

"It's so nice to see you again!... Said no one ever" she snapped. I didn't want to start anything so I just ignored her but she really wanted to stir me up, "So... Why are you even here? Like, all the girls here are here for their boyfriends so who is your special someone?" she begged. "Just my friend," I mumbled. "Your what? Your friend? Ooh! So you're single right?" She nagged. I wanted to get this conversating done so I nodded. "What's his name?..." she asked.

I tried my best to ignore her but she just nagged and nagged and nagged for my attention so I just told her his name. After the girl heard it, she smirked and my face dropped even more. She all of a sudden stood up and announced, "OH BOYS! IS THERE ANYONE HERE NAMED MARK?" A familiar voice then called out, "Yeah Rebecca what do you want??"  it was Mark. "HAH! OKAY, HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SINGLE FOR SO LONG? MUST BE SOOOO HARD!" she shouted. All the boys turned and stared at Mark, I felt so bad for him, I had to do something but all I could bring myself to do is just to stand there.

Mark asked Rebecca, "Hey, do you love your boyfriend here?" a smug look was on his face. Rebecca looked confused but said, "Uh well yeah!  At least I have loved more than you!" He chuckled to himself and said, "Okay just so you know I am able to beat both you and your 5'6 boyfriend here down the drain, so I would recommend you shut your mouth before things get nasty" a frustrated look came onto Rebecca's face when he yanked a skinny, blonde twink out of the group of boys by the wrist.

She rolled her eyes and stormed off, right before her stick of a boyfriend followed along. "So are you sure you are single Marky-boy? She's a hot one!" one of the boys suggested while nudging his arms. I got uncomfortable to so walked away, before I turned from the door I gave him a slight wave and then took a few steps away from the door. The immature monkeys noticed that and reacted only in a way year 8 boys would, "OoOoOoOoOoOoHhHh" Mark shot a look at all of them.

"Oh, come on! We see how you are sticking up for her! You just don't have the balls to admit you are in love!" One of the other boys called out. "JUST SHUT UP EVERYONE! I don't know why you guys are making such a big deal out of this." Mark yelled. I stood there waiting at the door waiting for him to be finished and come out. It sounded like he was dealing with it so I was glad. He got everyone's attention and said, "Everyone shut up for god sake! she is s a good friend of mine, I'm just protective, that's all"

_________________________________________

A/N:

Thanks so much for reading this! And please don't mind that this is a filler chapter so it wasn't really much.

Also who else enjoyed that Las Nevadas stream? It was epic!! And thank you to those who read it, means a tonne! I will most likely update it soon.

Future plans for this story are bigger that my imagination so gets ready!!

Take care of yourselves, ily <33

-Tigerr :)

_________________________________________

1,363 words