Reunion With Haldir:

*Fluff, romance, angst. G*

Haldir x OC

My heart pounded in anticipation. I stood on the bow of the great ship that was gliding through the waters. I could see a golden light forming a line ahead. 

The Undying Lands. 

I bent down to talk to my daughter, "We're going to see your ada very soon!" She giggled and hugged my leg. 

It had been two years since my husband was killed helping Rohan at Helms deep. I found out I was with child four days after he left. Then the news, the news that shattered me, came. He had been killed. My valiant, brave, and gentle husband was dead. He would never meet his baby or watch it grow up. We wouldn't raise our baby among the trees and flowers as we had always dreamed. 

It was a miracle I was able to carry my daughter. My body was fading and my heart was even faster. 

I was determined to live, to strive for the child my husband and I so deeply wanted. 

 I remember it like it was yesterday.

~Flash back~

"Promise me you'll be okay?"

Haldir smiled, "I'll do my best. Take care of yourself, don't spend all your time worrying." 

I hugged him, "I love you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, "I love you." He smiled but I could tell he was troubled. 

I cupped my hand to his cheek. He melted into my touch, "I'm going to miss us." 

Rumil, my brother-in-law, had been asked to cover Haldir's position while he was on his mission. Haldir guided me toward him, "Take care of her for me. Please."

 Rumil nodded, "Of course." 

Rumil squeezed Haldir's shoulder before walking away. 

I turned to face my husband, "I guess this is goodbye." 

He leaned over and pressed his lips to mine. I kissed him back while gripping the back of his hair. I pulled away gasping through tears. He pushed his lips onto me once more. Kissing like we were going to be separated forever. 

The bands of soldiers walked down the illuminated path towards us. They stopped and saluted at my husband. Haldir's look turned stern, as it did when he was working. Haldir maintained an ominous appearance when he was dealing with his men. 

However, when he was around me he was adorable, sweet, and a total softie who liked to get into mischief. 

He took his place at the front while the others fell in line behind him. He turned to me and pressed his fingers to his lips before blowing a kiss to me. I grabbed the air and pressed my hand to my lips. He smiled before calling orders for the squadron to march out. I walked along swiftly through the trees trying to get one more glimpse of him. 

The week that passed was the longest of my existence. I walked back from the healers with a smile and a hand pressed over my flat stomach. I was with child, just as I suspected. I closed the door of my home and nearly jumped with happiness. I couldn't sleep that night because I was too busy trying to plan how to tell Haldir about our little one. 

I walked out of our room the next morning to find Rumil standing with another soldier. He had tears streaming down his cheeks. 

"Alassiel." He choked out.