ThunderStorms- Daydream #2- Elladan

Story type: One of my daydreams

Who: Elladan and I (First person)

Warnings: Fluff, fear.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I turn over in my sleep after hearing thunder rumble in the sky above our house.

I sit up and hear someone crying. I look over at my husband who is dead asleep. He can sleep through pretty much anything.

I pull my silk robe on over my night dress and tiptoe out of the room.

I walk down the stone hall to my daughter's room.

"Melleth, what is wrong?" I ask as I sit on her bed. My little three-year-old is crying with her fingers over her ears.

"It's loud amme, I'm scared."

I pick her up and pull her into my lap, "It's just Raven and River racing in Valinor."

Raven and River were my husband's and I's horses. Raven had difficulty in delivering the foal and we lost both of them.

"Do you want to come with Ada and I?" I ask in a whisper.

Lillithia nods. I take her hand and walk out of the room into the outdoor hallway. As we're walking a streak of lightning cuts across the sky. Lillithia screams and the next thing I know Elladan is running towards us.

"I woke up and you were missing. Tis everything alright?" He asks with worry.

I nod, "Lilli doesn't like the storm." Elladan bends down to pick up our child.

Lillithia buries her face in his hair, "Scared Ada."

He rubs her back as we walk back to our room.

Elrond is swiftly walking towards us, "I heard screaming."

I sigh, "Little girl doesn't like storms."

He looks relieved, "Well. If I recall there was another elfing long ago who also was afraid of storms." He casts a look to my husband who was whispering something in elvish to our daughter.

We make it back to our room before it starts to pour rain. Lillithia clings to me while Elladan sits next to us. I smooth her dark hair, "Nothing will hurt you, I promise. Ada will fight off the thunder."

Elladan pulls us under the covers with him. I lay with my legs tangled with his. We place Lillithia between up and Elladan's arm drapes acrossed us.

The elfling screeches when another crack of lighting appears outside the window. Elladan chuckles and pulls the blanket over our heads, "We should be safe in here."

Lillithia is playing with my husband's fingers as her eyelids droop.

I press my fingers to my lips, "Shh, look."

Elladan smiles. Lillithia had fallen asleep with his hand pressed to the side of her face.

We lay still like that until we were certain she was deep in her sleep. Elladan pulled us both tight against him.

"Remember the last big storm we had?" I ask giggling.

Elladan laughs, "We were all gathered in the stone hall and I had to learn how to deliver a baby."

~Flash Back~

I was sitting at the desk in our room watching the rain drip down the window. My stomach was well expanded from pregnancy and I was due any day.

"Y/n!" Elladan rushed in, "We need to get to the stone hall! Now!"

He helps me up. Elladan weaves his way through the group of elves making their way to the largest building.

"Elladan what is happening?" I ask as he pulls me along.

"Storm, ada thinks possibly a cyclone."

I put one hand on my stomach as we enter the hall. I was feeling a few cramps but I wasn't overly worried. Elladan guides us down a hall and into a smaller room. Elrohir and Arwen are both seated on chairs.

They stand

"Ada went to organize everyone," Arwen says with worry.

I didn't hear her because of the sharp pains in my stomach. I lean over and put my hands on the table.

Elrohir eyes me with worry.

"Elladan?" I whisper. "Elladan?" I ask louder.

He turns to look at me with his face quickly changing to panic. "What is it melleth?"

I shiver slightly and then feel liquid dripping down my legs, "My water broke."

Elladan looks me up and down, "Are you having the baby?"

I nod.

Arwen pushed a pile of books off the couch. Elrohir dashes out of the room.

Elladan picks me up and set's me on the couch, "I'm going to need towels Arwen."

I lean back against the armrest of the couch, "This was not supposed to happen."

Arwen smiled, "Well it is, and you're going to be just fine." She grabs my hand.

I practically scream with pain.

Elladan sit's by my feet, "Almost there."

"She's going to need to start pushing as soon as the baby begins to make it's appearance."

Elladan looks at his sister as if to ask how she knows.

"I'm a woman Dan, I know these things."

I laugh with amusement and pain.

I few a shattering pain erupt through me.

"Okay now," Elladan says looking between my legs.

I use every once of my strength.

Before long I hear a cry. Elladan is holding our baby just as Elrond and Elrohir jog in.

"It's a girl!"Elladan states with excitement.

Elrohir stands with a smile and Arwen joined him.

Elrond took our baby into the hall and returned with her wrapped in a blanket.

~End flash Back~

"I will never forget that day as long as I live." Elladan chuckles.

I laugh, "She timed her arrival so her daddy would have to catch her."

I heard light snores coming from him.

"Oh you beautiful specimen of an elf, "I chuckle.

A/n: THIS SUCKED. I'm sorry it's awful.

Hopefully, I'll do better next time!